My Tomtom will onyl show an error message on a red screen saying it cant use this map. — TomTom Community

My Tomtom will onyl show an error message on a red screen saying it cant use this map.

I have a Tomtom XL and this happend after I put the latest update on through my PC, have tried a soft reset and tried connecting it back up to the PC for any more updates but no more appear. Anybody know if it can be fixed??

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,221
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    HI @PaulaTracey

Keep an eye out here and see if one of the Mods @VikramK sorts you map out for you

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,125 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @PaulaTracey

Welcome to the community!

A map has been added for your device. Please remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    HI @PaulaTracey

Keep an eye out here and see if one of the Mods @VikramK sorts you map out for you

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,125 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @PaulaTracey

Welcome to the community!

A map has been added for your device. Please remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
  • PaulaTraceyPaulaTracey Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Thank you will try that now - wish me luck
    I have removed the map but no update shows, only tells me device is up to date.
    Hi @VikramK

Kind of worked had to put the map back on then update, not sure why after I removed the map it would not show any updates. Thanks for the help.
    Superuser
    Hi @PaulaTracey

Needs a map on the unit to be able to update it.

Doug