how modify route on tomtom rider 550? — TomTom Community

how modify route on tomtom rider 550?

motifmotif Posts: 19 [Master Traveler]
I created route in MyDrive, synced to my device and now I need to remove some point from this route using device only, how??? and why it's so hard to do it....
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,062 Superusers
    Hi
    @motif

Is it a .GPX Track or a .ITN Route ???

ATB YFM
  • motifmotif Posts: 19 [Master Traveler]
    how do I know? it was downloaded automatically to my device from mydrive, so I see it in myroutes.
    edited June 11
    Hi
    @motif

t9aevq6n759s.jpg
    ATB YFM
    oh, I see - so there is imported dotted arrow, then gpx track.

Can I change MyDrive to use ITN route?
    edited June 23
    Hi
    @motif

Maybe Useful....

If you use the Save & Sync option on the MyDrive Web Route Planner
    The Save & Sync option save a .GPX Track... its basicly a bread crumb track that you follow

The Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route the .ITN Route uses Stops and the device plans the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, you can modify a .ITN by adding or repositioning Stops
    If you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it

Using a .ITN Route planned on the MDW Route planner...
    The latest version of MyDrive Web Route planner now uses 'Send Destination' or 'Send Stops' to send an .ITN Route
    The MyDrive Web Route planner only sends the route to the device as a Destination... Or if you add Stops it send it as a Route (But it's is not automatically saved in MyRoutes)
    If you are using .ITN route and 'Send Stops'
    see my workaround below

x9kkavu7m0o4.jpg

qkw01ev5tv6s.jpg

Complex Muti Stop .ITN Route Rider 400
    lv3gbgezr1sx.jpg

Be Aware....
    If your starting point IS NOT your present location there's a BUG
    When using the 'Send Stops' option, during an "A" to "B" route transfer where 'A' IS NOT your present location... The device drops Location "A"
    This bug also applies also to Multi-Stop/Waypoint routes... 'A' to 'B' to 'C' to' D' to 'E' etc...

For more info See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1198253/#Comment_1198253

This is the workaround method I use....

The Tomtom MyDrive Web Route Planner....
    Get it Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

(1).... Plan my Route with the MyDrive Web Route planner (With or Without Stops as required)

(2)... Zoom in... Place a Sacrificial stop close to the Start Icon

8eaec27f-eba6-4332-bbb7-38ecfdac3110.png
    (4)... Choose the 'Send Stops' option... The route will sync to your device

(5)... The device will calculate your route from your 'Present location'
    (5.1)... The device will calculate your route using Stops in the order that you placed the Stops in the route
    (5.2)... If the planned Start of the Route is your 'Present location'... Then skip Bullet-point... (6)

(6)...When the route has calculated, Pinch zoom to the correct start of your Route (The Sacrificial Stop Icon) 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Sacrificial Stop Icon --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'
    The device will calculate your route from your new location

(7)... Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options
    Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a route with a Max of 20 stops

ATB YFM
    thanks, damn that all sound more complcicated then on garmin...

I was also curious when I press ride after importing gpx track TT ask me: from nearest point or to starting point, why? I want to ride to END POINT :)
    BTW I don't see such button "save to my routes" in my drive, it's just save.

when I clcicked send stops it imported route points and in manu I see save tomy routes, but it saevs as tracks till, do you know why?
    edited June 11
    ok,l I tried tap on imported send stops and ad to myroutes results in added track as well not route :(

It makes planning route useless without a computer...
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,152 Superuser
    HI @motif

Have you tried the MyDrive App on your phone.

Doug
    thanks, so basically I annot adit route importaed as gpx track, only imported by send stops, but I cannot save itn to my routes.

Is there any better option out there then mydrive then?
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 252 [Exalted Navigator]
    motif wrote: »
    Is there any better option out there then mydrive then?

MyRoute-app
    edited June 11
    Hi
    @motif

motif wrote: »
    BTW I don't see such button "save to my routes" in my drive, it's just save.

when I clcicked send stops it imported route points and in menu I see save tomy routes, but it saves as tracks till, do you know why?

Planned a route with a Stop....
    Click on 'Save to MyRoutes'

id97gu7f3ik0.jpg

A New window opens Click Sync & Save...

b4h46ld0yypk.jpg
    ATB YFM
    Hi
    @motif

If you have created .ITN Route (Or .GPX Track) on another Route planner you can...

The Rider 4/5xx will give you direct access to a small buffer/transfer area of the Rider 4/5xx Main Memory... You can also access your Micro SD Card, you can drag & drop your .ITN or .GPX route files directly to the Rider 4/5xx Memory buffer/transfer area or the Micro SD Memory card over a secure system
    NavCore Version 15.302
    Released on 3 July 2015
    This update applies to the Rider4/5xx
    With the "Easy route upload"... You can connect your TomTom Rider to your PC using a USB cable, then drag and drop your route files directly to and from your device’s memory using a file explorer program.....

(1)... Connect Your device via USB and this screen appears on the Rider 450
    c64613c2-b6ca-4088-a8c6-b2c72a2c765e.jpg
    (2)... Tap the Import route Icon and the Rider 450 connects to the secure "Easy route upload"
    185e7f17-03ea-4d08-9f20-aba2fc64aa84.jpg
    (3)... On your PC filing system you should see "Tomtom Rider 450" where you can drag and drop your route files directly into the Rider 450 main memory or the Micro SD Card
    33ce976f-93c9-4fc0-b9a3-60acf162b062.png
    (4)... If you haven't got a Memory card installed it only shows the Rider 450 Main memory
    f85105c8-9d58-41d8-9d25-0f7230a2be76.png
    (5)... Drag & drop your route files to the device or the Memory card
    d0e6ebb9-f0bc-4b56-b91a-5dda94b7b7c3.png
    (6)... When your done tap "Done"
    7b1aa1e6-2953-49e8-be7c-2158437bca5c.jpg
    You can also use a Micro SD Card as a transfer medium

ATB YFM
    Hi
    @motif

You can Also...
    To transfer a route to your NAV4/5 device using a Micro SD Memory Card.....
    Format your memory card on your PC to FAT32 format
    Copy your .GPX or .ITN route file to your Memory Card

My GO 5000 showing no routes installed.....

ca63324a-1f9d-4ae6-b84e-f924cfccf9f8.jpg
    Insert the SD Memory card into the Card Slot the device will recognise the Memory Card.....

ee41c992-7c40-4ad4-bd6f-e6a4c258fe3f.jpg
    fcbd0e45-8cba-4575-996a-6715a6c67744.jpg
    2f5dc2eb-de59-4977-a3ef-4de9a15b21f0.jpg
    6b9f6fba-2499-4670-97b5-854c143f3382.jpg
    14213df2-c56b-46ad-a0b6-0d0f7abe13eb.jpg
    Routes Transferred.....

ATB YFM