New software v19.101 available for download - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New software v19.101 available for download

Comments

• Scouser4257Scouser4257 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Software update v19.101 available for download appeared on my update, to be downloaded first, Continued download on checking my TomTom 6000 says App 18.203.0026.311 is this correct
    Thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,437 Superuser
    Hi @Scouser4257

Yup says the same on my GO5000.

Doug
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,190 Superusers
    edited May 30
    Some more example with the purple blob:

ahjr4c0z3i1y.jpg

clj2cii5eu9u.jpg

@VikramK can you tell something about that? When i press on the blog nothing appear!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,344 TomTom Moderator
    edited May 30
    Hi @miketorcy

I want to be confident enough before I say something about it.

I will seek some clarification.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,348 Superusers
    edited May 30
    Hi

Another one....

tdbvcyb96hty.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • kenleybluekenleyblue Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have also started getting a purple symbol in the last week or so. It doesn't seem to follow any pattern and I have worked out what it is supposed to represent. And if you tap on it, nothing seems to happen.

Any ideas anyone?
    We are all waiting for an official answer from the staff!
    Thank you VikramK for this answer. So, in fact, we do not take into account the purple blog and if there are indications after the arrival we must not take into account. Anyway, what users expect from NAV4 from the beginning, is an intelligent management of POIs like on the NAV3, the latest improvements are just little gadgets unimportant as IFFFT.
  • kdegierkdegier Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Another odd thing in this new firmware:
    After planning a couple of journeys spread out over a couple of days, the two next petrol stations in the route bar will disappear. So planning a next route doesn't show petrol stations anymore (and of course the notification for this in the setup is activated). To "solve" this issue temporarily, I switch the slider in the setup from "on" to "off" and back to "on". Any clarification for this?
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 631 Superuser
    @VikramK - it might be an idea to add this to the manual, as I don't believe there's any mention of it there.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,344 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @dmulv

Thanks for the feedback..

We are planning to have a FAQ for this.

Currently there are some challenges updating the content in the user guide but I will forward the request anyways.

Regards
    Vikram
  • CristianDeluxeCristianDeluxe Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Please add support for POIs ov2 with audible warnings, I am waiting for this feature, which has always been available on my TomTom XXL, to be able to buy a new one.

Without this function the GPS is worthless to me.
  • KennerPLKennerPL Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Is this release also faster? I have the feeling that the whole system is more responsive.
  • Riverboat2001Riverboat2001 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Any chance of allowing ANY vehicle to avoid motorways in a future update?
  • PatjepeeerPatjepeeer Posts: 66 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    kdegier wrote: »
    After planning a couple of journeys spread out over a couple of days, the two next petrol stations in the route bar will disappear. So planning a next route doesn't show petrol stations anymore (and of course the notification for this in the setup is activated). To "solve" this issue temporarily, I switch the slider in the setup from "on" to "off" and back to "on". Any clarification for this?

It looks like a type of memory balancing issue in the device will occur some issues. When start planning a route, the fuelstation icons in the route bar disappear IF the route will NOT be recalculated automatically due to heavy traffic, see attached screenshots. biqvq3rx8b6l.jpg
    cycwwkfjbbjz.jpg

In these situations Advanced Lane Guidance works. Unfortunately I also have seen ALG failing now for two times on highway exits.
    Thank you VikramK for this answer. So, in fact, we do not take into account the purple blog and if there are indications after the arrival we must not take into account. Anyway, what users expect from NAV4 from the beginning, is an intelligent management of POIs like on the NAV3, the latest improvements are just little gadgets unimportant as IFFFT.
  • LC123LC123 Posts: 31 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    edited June 13
    @VikramK

The purple blob, what a confusing addition. Have TomTom lost the plot as I don't even understand what it means even after your explanation.

These surprises of changes in functionality is the exact reason release notes should accompany any update.

When will TomTom start properly supporting their customers.

Release notes please and if your software team is refusing to give them, then that's an indication you need new a development department. All changes should be tracked and noted.

• nevansnevans Posts: 35 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Yesterday, I had a nightmare journey back from London, as the M40 was closed. My Go520 re-routed me, but kept showing me two green blobs with +4 minutes faster, and +14 minutes faster a little bit further. These were in fact phantom faster alternatives, and kept appearing for my whole journey. At one stage, it stuck at re-routing saying '0%', and I had to do a drum roll reset, which seemed to fix it. So far, not very happy with the stability of this new release.
  • GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 86 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Patjepeeer wrote: »

It looks like a type of memory balancing issue in the device will occur some issues. When start planning a route, the fuelstation icons in the route bar disappear IF the route will NOT be recalculated automatically due to heavy traffic, see attached screenshots. biqvq3rx8b6l.jpg
    cycwwkfjbbjz.jpg

In these situations Advanced Lane Guidance works. Unfortunately I also have seen ALG failing now for two times on highway exits.

Hi all. I have I have the same issue. For me and my job this is very big problem.
  • kdegierkdegier Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Gazibarev wrote: »
    Hi all. I have I have the same issue. For me and my job this is very big problem.

Fortunately I am not the only one! Thanks for also pointing this out. It is easy to detect. Also it looks like some sort of motorway/highway issue only because I did see it working on other type of roads and I suspect this has been linked to solving the ALG problem somehow.
  • D-StreamD-Stream Posts: 140 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I'm getting savings showing of 0 Mins and also savings past my destinations?

It's like the firmware is looking at savings on routes i'm not even taking.

iv0mbow8vkm2.jpg
    apvhsuamncjq.jpg
    Hi all! Following to this topic on the french forum:

https://discussions.tomtom.com/fr/discussion/1114655/les-bogues-de-la-version-19-101#latest

with no answer, can i hope to have an official answer here?

I have just made more than 3000 kms with my GO6200 since I installed the version 19.101 of the navcore. I suffered several bugs that it would be nice for our TOMTOM developer friends to correct. These faults are present in a random way:

- Purple cartridges that offer a longer course are useless.

-The green cartridges that offer faster courses that are displayed after arrival.

- Green cartridges that do not react when clicked.

- The device that restarts without reason

-The course bar that suddenly blocks 100% without ever asking for anything, so we no longer have access to all the information in the course bar. By pressing menu and return to the map, the course bar disappears, it comes back after a few kilometers without doing anything.

You noticed that too?
    Google translation.

No answer on this part of the forum too?
  • bigbig Posts: 1,574 Superuser
    There seldom are official answers here -- the moderators aren't the software developers. The software developers seem to be in a world of their own adding features nobody asks for instead of fixing existing ones. For what it's worth, I 100% agree with the first 4 points. I have not experienced the course bar disappearing so cannot comment on that. And I must point out that often things work quite well.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online15

Elchdoktor
Elchdoktor
Jopi1956
Jopi1956
Justyna
Justyna
kieron
kieron
+11 Guests