What a joke! — TomTom Community

What a joke!

fustrated_customer1fustrated_customer1 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
I'm sure that this recent (BIG IMPORTANT UPDADE) is one of Tomtom's ploys to try and get existing customers to buy new hardwear. I have had my device for several years now and have been bombarded by new updates. It would be all well and good if these downloads were quick and easy but there not. It's like they're reinstalling the entire map every time, judging by the time it takes to put them on the device.

Since downloading this latest update it has completely rendered my device useless, displaying only NO MAPS FOUND. After following the instructions on how to cure this problem through tomtom's youtube site the rectifying download page keeps freezing. What a shambles.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,455
    Superusers
    Hi
    @fustrated_customer1

On which Tomtom Model ???
    Find the model of your navigation device and what software it uses
    https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9520

ATB YFM
  • fustrated_customer1fustrated_customer1 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    model:4EQ41Z1230
    IC:5767A-4EQ41
    FCC ID:S4L4EQ41
    SN:AX1363K00701
    4EQ4.001.03
    TomTom Via 130 / 135
    I have searched the acronym at the bottom of your post YamFazMan that brought me to the post about (Sat Nav GPS not working). I will try the drum roll resart after I have charged the device for two hours. I had tried this fix before but I was unaware that it required a great deal of charging in order for it to be affective.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,455
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @fustrated_customer1
    I'm sure that this recent (BIG IMPORTANT UPGRADE) is one of Tomtom's ploys to try and get existing customers to buy new hardware
    I don't think there's any Tomtom Machiavellian plots going on here
    My NAV3 Via 120 Live & GO Live 825 Both updated without a problem
    From your Post it appears your MyDrive Connect download/install is being interrupted....
    have had my device for several years now and have been bombarded by new updates. It would be all well and good if these downloads were quick and easy but there not. It's like they're reinstalling the entire map every time, judging by the time it takes to put them on the device.
    There's 4 Major Map updates each year + Speed Cams, MapShare, QuickGPSFix etc....
    A NAV3 Full Europe Map update for me takes around 50/55 minutes

On the rare occasions I have problems I Delete & Reinstall MyDrive Connect
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Un-installer Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it really does help)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Download and install myDrive Connect
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/
    DO NOT have your Via 130/135 connected to your PC while installing MyDrive Connect
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect
    Note... I find, If there is more than one Update, it's best to do the updates one at a time

Tomtom Video... No Maps found

ATB YFM
  • jacko1950jacko1950 Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    The main problem for me in attempting this 8gb download (apart from poor wifi speeds) was the time it takes and the fact when it gets stuck, you have one option only...to abort..which then not only deletes everything that was downloaded so far, but also your original europe map which was deleted first by the process to make space for the new file. This leaves you with a satnav that is now useless. In my case the faults didn't end there, mydriveconnect informs me I have the new europe map already installed, while my tomtom device says I haven't. Hence there are no 'new downloads' available on mydriveconnect. My attempts to try and connect my device to a different wifi with better speeds were also thwarted because of course the tomtom device has been rendered useless and you cannot access the option to connect to a new wifi link. The only way to try and have this option is to do a reset on the device (with the exiting wifi link)..as it seems when this reset is done it needs to ask you which wifi (or USB) option you want. You then get one chance to try another connection, and if that fails..you again have to abort the dowload, lose everything again, and of course then have to reset again so you can then find another link maybe with better wifi speed....The fact the download can take all day means you spend your life staring at the device in utter frustration.
    O.K. Here's the latest. I have done the drum roll resart after over two hours of charging which did bugger all. I have followed YamFazMan instructions of uninstalling the MY DRIVE CONNECT software but I have done it the conventional way. The revo uninstaller might be fine but I cannot risk putting this computer under any security risk as it is not mine. I have reinstalled MY DRIVE CONNECT and started the arduous task of installing the maps which brings me back to the days of 56k internet. Whilst typing this message the download has been running and on a brief inspection of it's progress it has gone from 17% to 0% and frozen. Crap-a-lap-a-ding-dong!