MyDrive on the phone says the Traffic expiry date is unavailable, how do I fix that? — TomTom Community

MyDrive on the phone says the Traffic expiry date is unavailable, how do I fix that?

TangerineTangerine Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
My Rider 550 says it is unable to connect to Traffic by bluetooth. The product, which is new, comes with life time traffic. MyDrive did once say the expiry date was June 2025, but then reverted to date unavailable.

Best Answer

Answers

• bigbig Posts: 1,574 Superuser
    edited June 9
    "Date unavailable" usually means TomTom's servers cannot be contacted. The servers might be down, you might be out of mobile phone range, or you might just need to restart your Rider and/or phone. That would be the first thing I would try, anyhow.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,464 Superuser
    HI @Tangerine

Have you checked in Settings/Bluetooth and selected the paired phone do you have setting Data for traffic and is it selected.

Doug
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I tried everything I could think of, including your suggestions, several times. Then, for no obvious reason, it worked (sort of). The phone now says "TomTom traffic Valid until 26/05/2025"
    But the Rider 550 is still not working. In the Bluetooth submenu it says "Data for Trafic & other services Unable to connect" and it also says "Smartphone messages Connected". And indeed SMS and WhatsApp messages do transfer from the phone to the Rider.
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Douglap - Success!

Brilliant, I would NEVER have thought of trying that. Your answer led me down the garden path literally.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,464 Superuser
    Hi @Tangerine

Brilliant I don't mean your sorted I mean your post. =)=)=)

Doug