Tourenfahrer Hotels/meeting Points on my TomTom Rider550 — TomTom Community

Tourenfahrer Hotels/meeting Points on my TomTom Rider550

silviomifsudsilviomifsud Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
edited May 2019 in RIDER
can i remove the link to all Tourenfahrer Hotels/meeting Points/ etc on my brand new TomTom Rider550?

Best Answer

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 564 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited May 2019 Accepted Answer
    My Rider 550 also has the Tourenfahrer POI's

When I go to Settings -> Appearance -> Show POI list on map
    I can enable and disable the Tourenfahrer POI category's.

Answers

• KaDargoKaDargo Posts: 23 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @silviomifsud

If you have, like myself, purchased your Rider in Switzerland, Germany or Austria (I am in Switzerland), you have received as standard this Tourenfahrer package, and personally I have been unable to get rid of it... I am not a fan when things are imposed to me, but I did not even know about it when I bought it... The only good news is, it does not take too much memory...

Cheers,
    KaDargo
  • silviomifsudsilviomifsud Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @KaDrago

The funny thing is that i bought my "forced" Rider 550 (because Rider 2 is no longer supported) from TomTom direct (should be the UK i guess) even though it was cheaper from a German website! And i still get this imposed on me :(

I had the TomTom Rider 2 and i'm already missing it!

Would like to have full control on something i paid the full price for!

Thanks for your prompt assistance!!

silviomifsud
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,338
    Superuser
    Hi @silviomifsud

Further to @KaDargo 's comments.I have the GO Camper which like all the Car units comes with 1000's of inbuilt Poi's for Police Stations, Shops , Vets etc etc. and these are all included in the Maps. However on the GO Camper there are 5 Camper/Camping specific POI files which are fairly well known and so give additional information that the user of a Camper would be likely to be interested in. There are other similar Poi files available such as Archies and the various Camping Clubs which if required can also be added by me if I want. The 5 Poi files have the benefit of their own identifiable icon which you can have appear on the map if you want .

It would appear that Tomtom feel that the Poi file you mentioned is likely too be of interest to Riders and is something they believe will help promote the product they are offering. I believe I am right in saying that a similar POI file is offered on the Garmin models as well.

Whilst I can add and delete any POI files I want to the GO Camper I do not have the option to delete the 5 Specific files that are included. I am not concerned as the files are unlikely to be taking up much memory as Poi files are generally very small. For example the maximum size of POI file I can load is 2mb and the vast majority are well short of that size. As an example the Cameras file that Tomtom provide is only 5.35mb and that covers all the Camera Data, Fixed, Mobile ,Average etc for the Whole of Europe and you can imagine how many there are in that area.

Doug
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 564 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited May 2019 Accepted Answer
    My Rider 550 also has the Tourenfahrer POI's

When I go to Settings -> Appearance -> Show POI list on map
    I can enable and disable the Tourenfahrer POI category's.
  • silviomifsudsilviomifsud Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    @RoadRider
    Thank you mate. Issue solved!!

Silvio