Can I change the starting point of an existing route? — TomTom Community

Can I change the starting point of an existing route?

smets_sven07smets_sven07 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have some routes of witch I want to change the starting point, but it seems there is no way to alter this.
A simple way to do so, would be being able to select all points that are before the point you would have as starting point, and being able to move them to the bottom of the list... But as it seems, you can't do something like that.

The software is easy-to-use, but in my opinion, there is lack of some major features that would make the use of third party software unnecessary.
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,431
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @smets_sven07

With your Route Calculated
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search... Search for the NEW 'Start Point' as normal
    When the Quick Menu opens Tap on the Black 3Dot Icon... Select 'Use as a Starting Point'
    OR
    With your Route Calculated
    Tap on the Direction of Travel Icon to switch to the North-up overview planning Map

uvp6tbp14hew.jpg
    Pinch zoom to the NEW Start Point of your Route
    'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the NEW Start Point location --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'
    The device will calculate your route from your new location

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options

ATB YFM
  • smets_sven07smets_sven07 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited June 2019
    No, I want to take a point in the route, and make that point the starting point of the route. Now that point is somewhere in the middle of the route... If I do the above, it navigates me from the chosen point to the starting point of the route.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,431
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @smets_sven07

I've just planned a 20 Mile Route from Home to a Garden Centre
    Halfway along the existing route... I used a 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the 'New' Start Point location --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'
    The Route now is a 10 mile Route from the 'New Starting point' with a route to the same Garden Centre

If you want to Drive from Home to the new 'Stating Point'
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route --> Drive to route

ATB YFM
  • smets_sven07smets_sven07 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It's not what I need... I want to do it in the software, not on the gps.
    I used to have a garmin zumo with basecamp on my pc, in witch much more options are available. As such, you can select any point on the route and make it your starting point. The program than recalculates the route, reorganizing the points on the route from the new start position.

For example, the route I have, starts about 100 kms away from my home, but somewhere half way the route, it passes my house not even 1km away. So I want that point to be the first and the last point on the route, so we don't have to drive 100 kms to start a route of 200 kms and drive back 100 kms...
    Nearly all my routes are loops by the way, and it would be nies to edit the start location of several of them...
    115 points on the track, point 61 is 0.8 kms from my front door, point 1 is 98 kms away. So I rather have point 61 be point 1 and point 115.

I speak dutch, and tried my best to translate it to best my knowledge, but I can't explain it any better than this. It really has to be on the pc, because I don't have time to fix problems on the go. I lead the pack, so I have to be prepared. If I have to try different things while everyone is waiting they'll start nagging... =) (and we all are connected with headsets, so I can here them nagging,)
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 699 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited June 2019
    You still can use Basecamp to create tracks.
    If you don’t have a map annymore you can use OSM maps.

Or you can use MyRoute App. The free version also uses OSM maps.

When you need advanced routeplanning options IT is possible to upgrade to Gold. This also enables the TomTom map.