MyDrive Connect and Windows 10 display scaling (15'' 4k display) - Page 2 — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect and Windows 10 display scaling (15'' 4k display)

2»

Comments

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,430 Superuser
    Ok, a better display or the MDC Settings menu, but not both at the same time. :slight_frown:
    Your messages will help other users but are not yet a really satisfactory solution.
    Hopefully TomTom will finally release a functional MDC version for this type of problem.
  • PellegrinaPellegrina Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have installed MyDrive Connect this evening on new HP Spectre laptop and have had the same problem. Totally impossible to read the text. I managed to download by reducing the laptop's resolution significantly as a temporary measure but this is not good enough. It didn't happen on my previous laptop.
  • mttfriendmttfriend Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is this issue ever solved?

Or we have to update the hardware?
  • meltonrobbomeltonrobbo Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Still not sorted here. I am using a magnifying glass to make my selections. Even after clicking 'no, and downloading new MyDriveConnect.
    I am running a 13" HP Sceptre. 3840x2160 Resolution.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,430 Superuser
    edited May 16
    Hi all

You can try this:
    - Close and Quit MyDrive Connect.
    - On the MDC launch icon ==> Right click/Properties/Compatibility tab/ check 'Override high DPI scaling behavior, scaling performed by:'/ in the list, select 'System (enhanced)'/Apply/OK
    - Restart MDC again.
    172a4pkubqtr.png

See if this brings an improvement to the MDC display.

Regards.
  • TzaphkielTzaphkiel Posts: 25 [Outstanding Explorer]
    This still does not work.. I need a magnifier to read anything on my Surface PRO and the tomtom mydrive application.

None of the above works...
    It is not so complicated to actually use the windows API to check for current resolution (dpi) of the hardware it runs on and adapt the rendering accordingly... or ?

Come on, fix it once and for all... I know that there are SOOO many things to fix with your Rider 400 for example (that have not been working properly since the release of the device and for which people are still somehow believing in a future potential fix)... but get your act together please !