Vio connection problems — TomTom Community

Vio connection problems

VespartsVesparts Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 28 in TomTom VIO
So I decided to buy the Vio to use with my vespa and then decided to keep 2 or 3 in stock at my vespa shop. All started ok after downloading the app for iPhone 7 Plus. Then after a while it would freeze and I would have to stop all the time and restart the app and Vio. Last month I was in Hamburg with the vio driving through the city, tbh it was a nightmare. The vio kept freezing all the time and the ? Kept flashing on the screen. When I arrived back home I deleted the app and re downloaded the maps again. To my surprise the map of Hamburg city was there and I could not delete it. It did not find my current position only the city centre of Hamburg I'am seriously considering not buying any more vio devices to sell until this problem is resolved.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Vesparts,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, this is a known issue. We're working hard to find a solution as soon as possible. Meanwhile, many have been able to work around it by turning their phone to flight mode but leaving Bluetooth® enabled.

Could you also state your iOS version, please, so that I can add them to the ticket?

Thanks, Mikko
  • VespartsVesparts Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the reply, version 10.3.3 iphone 7 plus.
    Thanks, Vesparts!
  • VespartsVesparts Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the link EthoZ, haha this topic was 10 months ago and still not resolved, turn my iphone to airplane mode is the best TomTom can offer?
    Hi Vesparts,

The earlier reported issues EthoZ linked to had similar symptoms but different root cause. They have been solve already. We've since started a new investigation about the new issues that get reported.

Should my advise not help you get this sorted, please report to Customer Service. They'll be able to get to the bottom of this and assist you accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko
  • MymatejimMymatejim Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Any news on a update on this? Mine has been fine since I got it until a few days ago, now the connection keeps dropping. It maybe holds a connection for 30 seconds before dropping and failing to reconnect
  • MickbrownerMickbrowner Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    edited May 20
    My 3 week old vio was working perfectly connected to my I phone 6s, it is now only connecting intermittently for a few seconds at a time, I have tried re pairing the two items but the same problem exists, the phone connects perfectly to any other blue tooth items I own? Help!
  • ashbrookashbrook Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mine loses connectivity intermittently as well I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Get a combination of the question mark screen and the location arrow not knowing where it is.
    Any advice?
  • Yan_VYan_V Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have the same problem with my VIO, it starts well each time but after 1minute or few minutes, the connection is lost and I am lost also then. If I reopen my phone, it works for a while then fail again!
    Strangely enough, it was working fine for a while!!
    not anymore!
    This is very annoying!! I have an iPhone 6 with IOS version 12.3.1.
    I am looking for advice/solution how to solve those connection problem?
  • daliddalid Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    Well it seems that VIO is made only for Android phones... ;)
  • SimonmlondonSimonmlondon Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    So is this still an issue for iPhones? I’ve just bought one for my bike and it’s disappointing that I’m experiencing the same problem with the Bluetooth connectivity, it t goes back so long!!

Am I missing something, is there a fix??

Thanks
  • ggarnczarczykggarnczarczyk Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi when is the iphone OS connectivity going to be sorted for my VIO.

when will this be sorted?