Map updates

NigelCMartinNigelCMartin Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
My current map is April 2015 can I obtain a more recent one

Answers

• NigelCMartinNigelCMartin Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My device is a TomTom via 110
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,620 Superuser
    Hi @NigelCMartin

Check the following as some if not all models of Via 110 units have been declared Obsolete. The units have minimal internal memory and no extra memory slots.
    Not sure you you can still get a map that is small enough to go on the unit. You could contact Customer Support but if you do don't indicate what model you have but wait until you get through to a staff member. Then ask if you buy a Map can you load it or can you load one of its Zones.

Units with limited memory when Maps have got too big could select to download the map in Zones. If you needed to change the zone you could do this .

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/#car

Doug
    Thanks for you help Doug
  • TheJGB3TheJGB3 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited May 29
    April 2015 Map is version 9.50. To update the map on your device you need to download and install the TomTom MyDrive Connect software, AND create an account (if you do not already have one) then connect your VIA 110 to your PC - USING THE TOMTOM USB DATA CABLE THAT CAME WITH YOUR VIA 110, AS NO OTHER MICRO USB CABLE WILL WORK! If you have lost yours you can order one from TomTom, ebay or Amazon - there are three different part numbers, but they are all the same cable - 4UUC.002.03, CLA4UUC3Z, or 4UUC.001.04B - just copy and paste these part numbers into the search box on TomTom, ebay or Amazon websites to buy one.

Due to the Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 zero day GPS satellite reset, and since yours has not been updated since 2015, you will have to install the NAVCORE v12.075.2300.74 firmware update first before you can update your map to the latest version (if you have LIFETIME updates and available memory space to do so). It looks like the VIA 110 has 4GB internal memory and NO SD card slot :( So you will probably need to download zones of your map as Doug mentioned above.

I do not know if the VIA 110 has LIFETIME map updates, but I own 2 VIA 125s which do have LIFETIME map updates (only for the map installed on the device when purchased which for me was USA & Canada) I have also purchased subscriptions for UK & Ireland, Europe, and the Safety/Traffic Cameras. The VIA 125 came with 4GB internal memory (which was enough to handle the original map when new - v8.75) but newer maps were too large to fit on the internal 4GB memory, so I had to buy an SDHC memory card to expand it. The micro SD slot can accept an SDHC 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB card to expand the memory for newer/larger maps, and any additional maps. The latest map version for any country is v10.25 released in February 2019. According to the TomTom announcement a few weeks ago... they are only discontinuing being able to purchase new subscriptions for the older devices (yours & mine included), BUT LIFETIME MAPS ARE NOT AFFECTED. So my USA & Canada Lifetime maps will continue to receive updates, but my UK & Ireland, Europe, and Traffic camera subscriptions which I purchased in late December 2018 will stop receiving updates when they expire next year. I hope this helps you.
  • prangiatoprangiato Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi, I bought Europe map version 9.45 in 2015.

Now i wanted to buy newer map, but TomTom states that TomTom Via 125 is not supported any more.

Ok, maybe i cannot buy newest map, but at least update from 2018 and install map zones if there is problem with space. Back in the 2015 TomTom still had several countries with only Connecting Roads in Europe. Soon afterwards they updated and covered most parts of the Eurpoe, so unfortunately, I made a purchase just before big and new coverage maps update.

However, i still expected to be able to pay and update to some maps from 2018 or so.

Support is hardly reachable since device is not supported ;)

Does any one know is there a chance to kindly convince tomtom to sell me or, why not, update my map for free to the latest supported for TomTom via 125?

edited June 2
    prangiato
    They just stopped offering new subscription services in April after the ZeroDay reset. So no more new subscriptions - i.e. Map & safety camera 1 time update, 1yr subscription, & 1.5 year subscription, & celebrity voices. They also have removed Darth Vader, C3P0, and Snoop Dogg from the available Premium voices.
    Have you installed My Drive Connect, and checked for updates that way? Like I said above, the VIA125 has lifetime maps for what ever map was installed on it when new. Do you still have the box it came in? There was a card in there with a coupon code to redeem for the LIFETIME maps.
    Thanks JGB3

I've updated navcore and the satnav is now working.
    New maps were released today. The latest version now is 10.30.9xxx
    Thanks JGB3

I've updated navcore and the satnav is now working.

You are welcome. Does your VIA 110 have lifetime updates and if so were you able to update to version 10.25?