GOLFER_Battery poblems?

Jeany47Jeany47 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
edited January 31 in Golfer & Golfer 2
My tomtom golfer2 watch is over 2 years old and for some months the battery runs empty very fast, even if I am not for golf use. If I put it then connects to the computer he is quite fast yet. If I charged watch to the computer, the battery be evicted again. Then I get the watch from there and plug it right back on. If he then again charged I use him on the golf course. He cites just 18 holes. Here is a solution for? It was however a watch of 249 euro, then you may after 2 years still expect he still functions properly.

Comments

• GolfgodGolfgod Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    My battery died just after 2 years, and from what I understand that's quite common. You can contact tomtom to send your watch away and have a new battery fitted, as there is no easy way to do it yourself, tomtom will most likely charge you for it.
    Must admit I agree that the cost is a lot for a watch that has a 2 year battery.
  • BladelessBladeless Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My Golfer 2 SE battery has failed after 13 months it wont last on a full charge overnight in watch mode.
    The battery is a doddle to change, 4 small screws and a tiny plug but you try finding a battery of the same dimensions!
    Come on TomTom this is unacceptable £200 and I cant even use it as a watch.
  • AceSpadeAceSpade Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    My Golfer 2 battery has died. May I know where can I change the battery ?? Please advise !
    4neiwqxmzk17.jpg
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,668 Superusers
    AceSpade wrote: »
    My Golfer 2 battery has died. May I know where can I change the battery ?? Please advise !

As the prior posts in this thread stated, there is no easy way to change the battery out. TomTom does not offer a repair or replacement service and if it is not under warranty you are out of luck. You can try opening the case and sourcing a new battery yourself, but that it is not easy. Have you tried a factory reset which will install fresh firmware in the event it is a firmware issue?
  • AceSpadeAceSpade Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    How to perform the factory reset for my golfer 2 watch ??
    To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.
  • sven146sven146 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    My tomtom golfer battery does not want to charge. I have made a factory reset and a full reload of the courses. After 1 minute the battery is dead what can i do?
    sven146 wrote: »
    My tomtom golfer battery does not want to charge. I have made a factory reset and a full reload of the courses. After 1 minute the battery is dead what can i do?

Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle. Otherwise, it is probably a depleted battery so there is nothing to do but buy a new watch (not a TomTom as they went out of business over 18 months ago).
  • ktolesen46ktolesen46 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I bought a
    Battery AHB322028 at Aliexpress, €10 - 12 as far as I remember
    You will a torx T4 open the device.