missing installed maps Europe — TomTom Community

missing installed maps Europe

I was told that my sat nav was obsolete, GO720, I went to use it recently and error message appeared missing maps, I dont understand how preinstalled maps can just disappear , pleas can any one help , I have spoken to tomtom uk I was told that they cannot send me a copy of the old map as all the maps are now upgraded
Tagged:

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,929 Superuser
    Hi @christopher_15

Did you try to update it and after there were no maps. If so that would suggest that there was an interruption during the update and the map was lost as a result.

Your only hope is that @VikramK can reactivate the map, if he can, and then you may be able to reload it if you have enough room. Your unit only has 2gb of internal memory and a slot for extra memory.

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,925 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @christopher_15

Welcome to the community!

A map has been reactivated for your device. Just connect your device to TomTom HOME and it should be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello VikramK
    thanks for your reply as I write I am in the proccess of reinstalling my missing maps,
    off topic. a long time ago I bought and downloaded the maps of North America, as I was visiiting My Son. recently when my maps went missing I installed the maps of USA they would work a treat if I was there., I could not understand why my maps went missing I tried all areas I n the end , last resort the forum , got a result thanks, I accept the time has moved on and that my 720 does not have the capacity, why does someone not state the size of SD card to install to download these maps, I n the end I have used a 4GB card which is downloading . will give further details as and when.
    Thanks
    Christopher_15
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Neophyte Traveler]
    My Sat nav still works now after the update, it has taken some time for it to get back to where it was. I am pleased , it is still working, , theses days I dont drive as far ,as I used to,
    . originally I bought it to stop me having to look at maps while driving, also the motoring laws have changed to stop people phoning and being distracted while driving
    but I have found it very useful, which Is why I was upset that the maps disappeared
    Thank you Vikram & tomtom