Why can't Tom Tom HQ understand that the satnav is a distraction to driving? — TomTom Community

Why can't Tom Tom HQ understand that the satnav is a distraction to driving?

I don't want alternative routes, I don't want to read email, I certainly don't want telephone calls, I just want to have a route getting onto the closest Trunk road to where I am driving, nothing else, everything else is tiresome and a distraction and illegal on Britain's roads.

Best Answers

Answers

• KimHedgesKimHedges Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    OK, must be missing options then.
  • KimHedgesKimHedges Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    I have the 6200, I have included the fastest route option, but it keeps being wrong.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,796 [Elite Vanguard]
    HI
    @KimHedges

The GO 6200 (Wi-Fi) is a NAV5 Device
    The Route planning... setting menus...
    The 1st Section of the Route planning Menu Screen applies when you have already planned a route and you are driving the Route
    On the Live Tomtom Devices 'When a faster route become available' the device will....
    Option... (1) = Don't ask me... Always take the Fastest route
    Option... (2) = Always ask me... Before taking the Fastest route
    Option... (3) = Don't Ask me at all... Stick to the planned Route

Route planning screen... Section (1)
    kxgfxxwo4v6x.jpg
    The 2nd Section of the Route planning Menu is the default Route planning type for ALL Route planning
    Option... (1) = Fastest route
    Option... (2) = Shortest route
    Option... (3) = Most eco-friendly route
    Etc... Etc...

Route planning screen... Section (2)
    2xefqogbgcgx.jpg

The earlier Devices required me to enter my Route type every time, but at least 95% of my journeys I would choose the Fastest Route

The earlier NAV2/3 devices are Menu focused
    Asking all of the questions and button pushing at the start... Then device planned the route

The Latest NAV4/5 (Wi-Fi) devices are Map Centric (Tomtom Speak)
    The Route planning has the highest priority (95% of the time I want the Fastest Route... Job Done)
    On the odd occasions I want something different, say I want to 'Avoid Motorways'...
    After the Planning and Calculation of the route
    I Tap the 4Dot (....) Menu --> Current Route --> Change route type... Choose Route Type required 'Like' (Avoid Motorways) the device recalculates the route avoiding Motorways

Note... This change only applies to the current route
    For the next route, the device will default back to the 'Route Type' you have chosen in the Settings menus i.e... For me the 'Fastest route'

ATB YFM