Not updating rounds on the app or website — TomTom Community

Not updating rounds on the app or website

LeovZLeovZ Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have a Totom2se, software 1.2.111, and a Samsung Galaxy S7, with the golfer app, version 2.3.29.
Rounds were not being updated on the app or on the website. Therefore I did a factory reset, and just finished my first round, but did not record the strokes per hole accurately, so there a zero strokes for some holes. I then simulated a second round with perfect scores.
I can see on the displays of both the watch and the Phone that the two are in contact, but apparently no data is transferred to the phone, but the data is transferred to the website!. Pressing "rounds" gives a blank page, pressing "stroke analysis" or "putting" displays "Getting your scorecard history" plus a "wait" signal forever.
The phone and the watch are properly paired, because updates of courses are apparently carried out correctly.
Tagged:

Answers

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,949 Community Manager
    The Golfer app is no longer maintained. Please download the TomTom Sports app and use that one instead.

If no strokes are detected, try a power-down reset on your watch. That restarts the driver of the motion sensor. http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17393
  • eligio_curcieligio_curci Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    my tom tom golfer 2 stopped to updating since february 14, 2019. I had no solution and I had no answer by assistance!
  • JosteinJostein Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, my Tom tom golfer 2 SE work fine on the course, but I can`t upload my rounds to app or website.
    I am useing latest version of TomTom Sports app and I have reset my watch, but still no rounds is beeing uploded. The watch are conected to my phone and just say that everthing is uploadet.
  • mtrohanmtrohan Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    Same for me Jostein. Any answer for this from TomTom? My Golfer watch worked well until TomTom switched to Sports Connect from Golfer app.
    mtrohan wrote: »
    Same for me Jostein. Any answer for this from TomTom? My Golfer watch worked well until TomTom switched to Sports Connect from Golfer app.
    The TomTom Sports Connect desktop app cannot upload rounds. Please use the TomTom Sports app to upload rounds to the cloud. The previous Golfer app is no longer maintained.

I've seen some instances where users had not logged in with the correct account. Your watch is linked to the email that you're using here on the forum.
    Jürgen wrote: »
    mtrohan wrote: »
    The TomTom Sports Connect desktop app cannot upload rounds. Please use the TomTom Sports app to upload rounds to the cloud. The previous Golfer app is no longer maintained.

I've seen some instances where users had not logged in with the correct account. Your watch is linked to the email that you're using here on the forum.

Hi, I am not sure if I understood you right, but I am now using TomTom Sports on my Samsung mobil, I sync the watch with mobile, every ting looks fine, but I can`t find my rounds. Am I doing something wrong?, or do you have some other solution for me.
    The TomTom Sports app is the only way to go. The Sports website only shows the rounds as a side effect of storing them in the cloud. But you should at least seem them listed here: https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/activities/
    Jürgen wrote: »
    The TomTom Sports app is the only way to go. The Sports website only shows the rounds as a side effect of storing them in the cloud. But you should at least seem them listed here: https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/activities/

Yes now I can see all my rounds, this did not show the other day, I was missing my last 5 rounds or so, have you done something or? I not even connected to my watch now. Just wondering why this is showing now. Any way I am glad that it seems to be working, I will upload a new round this evening, hope that also work. Thx Jûrgen
  • craig1977craig1977 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    does any one know how i can get any courses on my watch it worked well then all of a sudden it will not find any course. i have soft reset and factory reset, and factory reset on recovery mode. baisically everything on the tom tom page. it will not reset any courses. so i have a watch i can not use. i have spent months trying to get this solved. im at the stage of just teeing it up and smashing it down the fair way. is my watch fixable or do i just throw it out.
  • ianbancroftianbancroft Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    My watch works fine, records all the shots etc but when the round syncs to my phone or PC half the shots are missing (most of the putts usually).
    If I look on the watch all the shots are correct but it just doesn't transfer properly to phone or PC.
    Tried reinstalling, updating etc (which is all TomTom ever suggest) but no joy.
    Can anyone suggest anything ? It's driving me mad. TIA.
  • TueieTueie Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think you have completely messed up with the App not downloading scores and tomtom golf watches will be history as no one in their right mind would ever buy another one. Rubbish product poorly supported.
  • John_3_puttJohn_3_putt Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    My golfer stopped updating scores when you changed to the sports app. You really need to get this sorted or do you just not care once you have the sale. I love the watch and it works well on the course but I would never buy another Tom Tom product or recommend one (I tell every golfer I play with not to get a Tom Tom) as you totally ignore all the complaints about this issue.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,787 Superusers
    My golfer stopped updating scores when you changed to the sports app. You really need to get this sorted or do you just not care once you have the sale. I love the watch and it works well on the course but I would never buy another Tom Tom product or recommend one (I tell every golfer I play with not to get a Tom Tom) as you totally ignore all the complaints about this issue.

TT Sports went out of business over 18 months ago so there is no development happening, they are dead products. Since they are no longer or sale, I would definitely not recommend them to anyone.
  • ow2ow2 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Same problem as John 3putt.
    Golfer does not update scores to my phone or pc-app.
    Contacted Tomtom help and did all they suggested. Nothing helped.
    Clock works well on the course but it is very annoing that your results do not update as they should.
    Problem started in June (might be the same time as sports app was launched).
    It is possible that my next golf watch is something else than TomTom
    ow2 wrote: »
    Clock works well on the course but it is very annoing that your results do not update as they should.

TT Sports went out of business almost 2 years ago so you will have no choice but to get something other than TT for your next watch (this also explains why the issues you are seeing exist and are not being resolved, they halted all production and development over 18 months ago and seriously curtailed support).
    Maybe the rounds we
    ow2 wrote: »
    I cannot find a watch or a Customer Support incident under the email address used here on the forum so I cannot see what troubleshooting has been done so far.

Only the mobile app can upload rounds. The desktop app cannot do that.

Did Support ask you to reset your watch? If activities - rounds in this case - stop uploading then there is a corrupt activity file on the watch that is preventing new files from being uploaded.
  • sewaldsewald Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My golfer does not upload any rounds after 1 of August. I have been in contact with the support since August 14 and have followed their suggestions to solve the problem. I have made a factory reset and tried everything. Nothing helps. My feeling is that they are not interested in solving the problem. My last reset was on September 5 and I played a round yesterday the 6th. That round will not be uploaded when I connect the watch to my computer. When I try to connect the watch to my mobile the code (six figures) are shown less than a second so I am not able to see all the figures, and can not get a connection and can not synchronize.
    Jürgen wrote yesterday:
    "Did Support ask you to reset your watch? If activities - rounds in this case - stop uploading then there is a corrupt activity file on the watch that is preventing new files from being uploaded."
    Should not the corrupt file be removed during a factory reset? How to get rid of the corrupt activity file then?

edited September 9
    sewald wrote: »
    When I try to connect the watch to my mobile the code (six figures) are shown less than a second so I am not able to see all the figures, and can not get a connection and can not synchronize.
    Can you please make your phone forget the watch in its Bluetooth settings? You'll need to use the mobile app since the desktop app cannot upload rounds.

With the factory reset the corrupt file is removed but after a reset you need to make the phone forget the watch.
    Here are the full steps:

You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
  • sewaldsewald Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you Jürgen. Now it works.
    Earlier there was a possibility to directly forgot the watch by pressing a link when you opened the app. Now you have to do it the hard way through the Bluetooth connection. That's the reason I missed it. I wonder why it has been changed?