Cannot update map on new Peugeot 308 SW GT — TomTom Community

Cannot update map on new Peugeot 308 SW GT

BejjeBejje Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
I have a new Peugeot 308 with built in Tomtom maps.

I tried to update the maps exactly to the instruction on the Peugeot site by downloading the map update, extract it to a flash drive and plug it in while the car is running.

The car then says that a map update is found and ask if I want to update which I do. It then says that the update is starting, but 2 seconds later it says that the update failed. I have re-done it several times by re-downloading the update, re-formatting the drive, even bough a brand new one, but it continues to fail.

When I read up on it at Peugots own forum some users claims that this is due to that the reseller has forgot to register my system in some database. He claims that if it's not registered, the maps will show a TMC logo instead of a Tomtom logo which is true in my case.

Also it does not show any version number on the maps currently installed nor on the live traffic info.

Anyone else that has experienced this?

Also, another question, how can I install extra navigation voices on the built in unit? The one in my language is the worst I have heard by a long shot for any navigation device. It's so bad that I rather use a phone for navigation. On the Tomtom site I can purchase or get free voices, but the instructions is to download a software and plug my device into the computer which is hard with a car :)

Answers

• LepreLepre Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hello
    try to ask about the dealership where you bought your car, the new "14" map came out last week, I installed it without problems.
    Hello
    I have attached the instructions for downloading the map of your Peugeot
  • BejjeBejje Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Yes I have followed those exact instructions and it seems to work since the update is found and starts, but it fails after 2 seconds. Probably due to what I wrote above.

I have contacted the dealer to help me out fixing this.
    Hi Bejje,
    let me know when you have news.
    Thank you