Connectivity issues | Rider 550 to use with my Autocom Super Pro AVI system. — TomTom Community

Connectivity issues | Rider 550 to use with my Autocom Super Pro AVI system.

JWaddellJWaddell Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited May 2019 in RIDER
I have upgraded to a Rider 550 to use with my Autocom Super Pro AVI system. I have had a lot of problems setting this up and had to purchase a BTM-03 module from Autocom to act as "helmet" in the set up process. Eventually I managed to pair the Rider and am now able to hear Sat Nav voice in my headset.....so far so good.
However, I have yet to be able to hear music/calls etc from my iPhone even though it shows as connected to the Rider 550. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this?

Comments

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 753
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Rider doesn’t support music. You’ve to pair directly your iPhone with the autocom.

You can use it only for calls.

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/Rider_Wi-Fi/html/en-gb/index.htm#Callsandsmartphonenotifications.htm
  • JWaddellJWaddell Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    According to their advertising the Rider 550 should support music...
    "Update your TomTom Rider 550 via Wi-Fi. Get the latest maps, software and easily sync new routes for your TomTom Rider via built-in Wi-Fi. No computer needed. Your motorcycle sat nav notifies you when new updates are available - simply connect to your preferred Wi-Fi network and choose what to install.
    Stay connected for calls, messages, music and more. Unlock the use of your smartphone with Siri and Google Now for onboard music access, calling, messaging, checking the weather and more. Have smartphone messages read aloud to your headset so you stay connected but focused on the road."

Superuser
    See that video:

Thanks for that Ste7ios.

My own system uses an Autocom Audio system rather than a Bluetooth helmet. The Autocom Bluetooth Module is single channel.

In neither of the two videos is there reference to being able to listen to music streamed from a Smartphone - yet the marketing clearly claims this is possible....don't you agree?
    Superuser
    They should be more clear about it...

I guess you’ve to use Siri/Google Now to command it to play music that plays to your headset that is paired directly to the smartphone.
    You would think that wouldn't you...it's certainly what I had hoped for but alas no.
    I've also tried having everything connected up on the bike and manually playing music on my iPhone but the sound from the iPhone isn't streaming to the headset. I feel cheated :(
    Superuser
    I’m afraid we’ve to double check everything, read manuals, etc before purchasing any technological product, especially for consumer products...