Delete Australian map on VIA 125 — TomTom Community

Delete Australian map on VIA 125

Hei, can you tel me how i can delate the australian map on my tom tom via 25 whit lifetime map?
I want to replace it whit an europeanmap!
greetings Ron

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,342
    Superuser
    HI @Robbertu123

Can you please advise the first 2 characters of your TT units serial number.

Was it bought in Australia?

Doug
  • Robbertu123Robbertu123 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hei,
    The first 2 characters are BL and yes it was bought in Australia!
    greetings Rob
    Superuser
    Hi @Robbertu123

Your model has 4gb of internal memory and has the ability to add extra memory up to 32gb .

Is the map of Australia on the internal memory. If it is leave it there and don't touch it.

If it is then contact Customer Support and purchase the European map and ask them to advise what size Extra memory card you will need.I Then get the Micro SD class 10 memory card, maximum 32gb, from a reliable source to avoid fakes, and insert it in the extra memory slot and format it within the unit. I would suggest you get a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major make as some lesser known card shave been known to not work in Tomtom units. Then load the new map.

If the Australian map is on the extra memory card then when you contact Customer Support and buy the European map ask them if they would be kind enough to add another small map that will easily fit on the internal memory. It does not matter what the map is but with it on the unit you can then delete the Australian map and add the European map. So if they do add the small map then load that first before you do anything.

The reason for having Australia or a small map on the internal memory is that your TT unit will not start if you don't have a valid map on it. So with no map on the internal memory should during any update or when loading of the European map you have a problem the unit will be left with no map to start with.

Now I noticed that you are in Norway and I am assuming that you want to change the map to Europe as that is where you will now use it. As result there is another thing you need to ask Customer Support to do for you . Because the Unit was first sold in Australia Traffic will only work there. So ask them if they would change the settings so that traffic would work in Europe. I assume you will need to purchase Traffic for that to work.

Norge (Norway)
    Mandag-Fredag: 10:00 til 13:00, 14:00 til 17:00

Hope the above helps.

Doug
  • Robbertu123Robbertu123 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Doug, it is fixd now, works whit a memorycard!
    greetings from Norway, Rob
    Superuser
    Hi @Robbertu123

Your welcome. Pleased to help.

Doug