Updating Maps — TomTom Community

Updating Maps

pjavidpjavid Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have a GO 630 and want to update maps, I know there is not enough room on the device, but I do have an SD card that can hold the large maps. How do I go about getting the map, since the HOME program will not let me download it.

Thanks,
Parviz

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,368 Superuser
    HI @pjavid

Have you formatted the card in the GO630 for maps and is the TT Home software refusing to download the update to the extra memory which presumably is big enough to take the update.

Doug.
  • pjavidpjavid Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Doug,
    Thanks for replying, I have downloaded smaller items to the card on TT, when I try to the HOME software it tells me the device is no longer supported and won't allow me to download the Map.

Thanks,
    Parviz
    edited May 24
    Hi @pjavid

I assume the card is in the GO630 and formatted. Can Home see the card and how much space is on it. What size is the card?

Doug
    Hi Doug,

Yes, the card is in the GO. Home does see the card, it is a 4GB card, it is almost empty.

Parviz
    Hi @pjavid

Do you know how large the map is.

It may be we have to wait until Monday for @lampard or @VikramK to check whether they can sort the map out.

Doug
    Hi Doug,

Thanks, I can wait until Monday. I will check back then. I have no clue on the new map size.

Parviz
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,315 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @pjavid

Which map cut you have/had on your GO 630 device? Western Europe or Central & Eastern Europe?

Regards, lampard
    I have the North America.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,315 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there,

Assigned the USA & Canada map on your device, please follow steps in the public FAQ here to re-download the map on your device.

Cheers, lampard
    Hi Lampard,

Thanks for the info. Looks like that worked.