Start 52 No Map available — TomTom Community

Start 52 No Map available

klamowskiklamowski Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited May 20 in MyDrive Connect
Hi all,

I've bought Map of United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland - Latest Map + 4 updates and installed it on my device, yet my navigation says, not map available, please head to the tom tom shop or install it again.
On my My drive connect app it says that the map is installed

Could you please help ?

Thanks

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,367 Superuser
    Hi @klamowski

Normally the Start 52 has the lifetime subscription for the EU map, you didn't have to buy a map.
    With the message "No Map" it's impossible to do a "Factory Reset"... and it's not necessary for this type of problem.

For the message "No Map" see this video:

Contact TomTom official customer support on Monday to sort your account and if needed ask for a refund. The weekend there are only users like you here.
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Regards.
  • klamowskiklamowski Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi thanks for the answer

In the video, the map is shown as as Corrupted, on my my drive connect it appears as 'installed'
    Also, when trying to do the 2nd step, to empty download folder, the field is already 'blank' and i'm unable to click on it.
    The nav still says No maps available, please install the map again or visit the shop.
    Could you advise please?

Thanks
  • xwintechxwintech Posts: 78 [Supreme Navigator]
    Dude, you may have incorrect Navcore version. If you updated/installed maps then updated the Navcore, then you are screwed. So you may recover your device. By following the steps in this video.
    If the answer helped you, like it so that people know that it's helpful.

xwintech
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,975 Superusers
    edited May 21
    Hi
    @klamowski
    For the larger Maps like the Full Europe map you need to install a Micro SDHC memory card
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card...The latest Full Europe Map is 8.9GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

Your Start 52 device already comes up with the UK & ROI Lifetime Maps. So please get in touch with our support and ask for the refund for your latest purchase of UK map since you already have the lifetime subscription of the same. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Also, I can see that the latest map 10.25 of UK is already downloaded on your device. Can you please make a soft reset and see if it appears on device? Otherwise follow the steps above suggested by @LAURE123 to remove the existing map and install the fresh one.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,935 Superuser
    Hi @klamowski

Customer Support

United Kingdom
    02079 490 132

Doug
    Hi thank you for your replies,

I contacted customer support via email for a refund.
    I am still unable to perform actions suggested by laure123
    vf4qzyc70dp3.png

and

5guuw7xh522l.png

The map is just installed and dont want to go anywhere :(

Thanks for your support, please advise
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,096 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @klamowski

I've removed the existing corrupted map of UK from your device. To apply these changes, follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect device from computer.
    • Soft Reset: Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts. This can take 30 seconds or more. Quit MD Connect application.
    • Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar> Settings>Downloads>Click 'Empty Download Folder'( If it's grayed out, just click on Save settings)
    • Open MyDrive connect.When your device is turned on, connect device to the computer.
    • On MyDrive Connect in right bottom corner, it will says ‘updating’. (Ignore if it doesn't)
    • Once complete then Check for the updates.please update these 1 at a time, not all together. Best order to update 1 by 1: (if offered)
      QuickGPSfix / Navcore
      Map
      Speed Cameras
      Voices
      Mapshare update (recommended to update last)

Thanks, lampard

Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

Not sure if it was corrupted though..
    anyway,

>Disconnect device from computer. DONE
    >Soft Reset: Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts. This can take 30 seconds or more. Quit MD Connect application. DONE
    >Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar> Settings>Downloads>Click 'Empty Download Folder'( If it's grayed out, just click on Save settings)DONE
    >Open MyDrive connect.When your device is turned on, connect device to the computer. DONE
    >On MyDrive Connect in right bottom corner, it will says ‘updating’. (Ignore if it doesn't) Not sure,
    Once complete then Check for the updates.please update these 1 at a time, not all together. Best order to update 1 by 1: (if offered)
    QuickGPSfix / Navcore
    Map
    Speed Cameras
    Voices
    Mapshare update (recommended to update last)
    There was nothing to update, so I installed the map
    Still no map at the device??

Please advise

Ok the refund was processed succesfully, I have received an email.

What can we do now to reinstall the map somehow?

Thanks
  • xwintechxwintech Posts: 78 [Supreme Navigator]
    Maybe try doing recovery again and again? That may actually work tho.
    If the answer helped you, like it so that people know that it's helpful.

xwintech
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,096 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @klamowski

There seems to be a problem with the internal memory of the device since the map is not visible even after reinstalling twice. For the last time, I've made some changes in the back-end to push a repair package. Please make a soft reset your device and connect it to the computer to install this.

If this doesn't fix it, please get in touch with our support to book the device in for repair. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Regards, lampard

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,935 Superuser
    Hi @klamowski

If you need it after above advice here is the UK Customer Support info.

United Kingdom
    02079 490 132