Help with downloading the USA map on VIA 1505 — TomTom Community

Help with downloading the USA map on VIA 1505

Jasonriley191Jasonriley191 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
edited May 2019 in Map installation
I brought a USA Map on 12th May and have been trying to download it!!!! They have taken the money from my bank account but can't deliver..!!! i am proper hacked off!!!!!!!! I have done all i can reinstalled Tom Tom turned this off turned that off shouted at it i've even started swearing at the stupid thing........ can anybody please help me!!!!!

Stressed from London

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,057
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @Jasonriley191

What Tomtom model do you own ???
    What are the problems are you having
    Are there any error messages showing

ATB YFM
  • Jasonriley191Jasonriley191 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Hello
    It's a TomTom Start 25. The error message says there is a problem at their end..(TomTom) but this has been going on for weeks!!!!
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    @Jasonriley191

I would suggest getting a sd card for the device. A 16 gb SanDisk is a good choice. Let the device format it for maps and connect the device to MyDriveConnect. See if the download works then.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,531
    Superuser
    HI @Jasonriley191

Are you seeing the Servers busy message if so try the @YamFazMan recommendations in the following which have resolved this for many.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1647285#Comment_1647285

Doug
    dhn...done that...went and got myself a 64g card...formatted it and.....nothing!!!!

Doug...thanks for that. It seems alot of mucking about for something that should be so so simple..!!!

Ok well i'll give this a go when i get home. If it doesn't work...anybody who wants to but a TomTom in a thousand bits...let me know!!!!!!

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,531
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    HI @Jasonriley191

Tomtom units will not accept your 64GB card the maximum Micro SD Class 10 card that they will work with is 32GB

Doug
    Oh Doug..
    OK let me go and do that.
    Thank you so much..

I'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks again

Jason