I have been trying to update my TomTom Go500 — TomTom Community

I have been trying to update my TomTom Go500

bunyipbgbunyipbg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
For the last week or so I have been trying to update my Go500 using MDC - the device says it is connected to the computer, but the computer says it is 'Waiting for your device' - I note the banner on my browser window saying that you have problems - could this be part of the problem ???

Answers

• bunyipbgbunyipbg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have uninstalled and then reinstalled MDC, but this just gives the same result !
  • bunyipbgbunyipbg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have uninstalled and then reinstalled MDC, but this just gives the same result !
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,222 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there,

I can see that the speed camera updates pending to download on your device in MyDrive Connect. This usually happens when the update is installing, but not properly reflected in MyDrive. You can keep the device connected till the download fails/completes, you can check the status in the right bottom corner on MyDrive Connect. It should say 'Updating', if not please follow the steps below to resume the download:
    • If the device is connected, disconnect it from computer and make a soft reset, Quit MyDrive Connect application.
    • To resume the download again, please follow the same instructions in the public FAQ here. (If the 'Empty Download Folder' is grayed out, ignore and just click on Save settings)
    Regards, lampard