Regarding switch maps lifetime

Hello i have bought a tom tom go 500 with maps western europe , and i wish to change with a Europe full and i dont have option for this someone can explain how can i change maps western europe to europe or western europe and central please

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,808 Superuser
    Hi @lum4n4r3

The only way to replace the map tied to your unit is to buy the other map you want. That will also be tied to your GO500.

The Full European Map is nearly 9GB and so you will have to add a Micro SD Class 10 memory card , 16GB or Max 32GB from Sandisk, Samsung or similar major maker obtained from a reliable source to avoid Fakes. Some lesser known memory crd shave been known not to work with e Tomtom units.

Having added the Full Europe map if your current map is on the internal memory leave it there untouched so that, should you have a problem during the updating of the European Map , you have a good map so you can start the GO500 and be able to sort any problems out.

Doug
  • lum4n4r3lum4n4r3 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @lum4n4r3

The only way to replace the map tied to your unit is to buy the other map you want. That will also be tied to your GO500.

The Full European Map is nearly 9GB and so you will have to add a Micro SD Class 10 memory card , 16GB or Max 32GB from Sandisk, Samsung or similar major maker obtained from a reliable source to avoid Fakes. Some lesser known memory crd shave been known not to work with e Tomtom units.

Having added the Full Europe map if your current map is on the internal memory leave it there untouched that, should you have a problem during the updating of the European Map , you have a good map so you can start the GO500 and be able to sort any problems out.

Doug

how can i buy antoher maps i have already western europe lifetime that is crazy i have paid for western europe 44pouunds and again 44 pounds for europe that is not good ,how can i change my western europe to europe without paid
    HI @lum4n4r3

Contact Customer support and explain you got the wrong one and ask if they would change it . They can delete the wrong one from your account.

Doug
    HI @lum4n4r3

Contact Customer support and explain you got the wrong one and ask if they would change it . They can delete the wrong one from your account.

Doug

how can i get contact cusotmer support i cant find ??
    Hi @lum4n4r3

United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m

Doug
    Hi @lum4n4r3

United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m

Doug

this is no with money i cant call this no
    edited May 26
    Why can't you call that number ?

They will know what maps you have on your account and can sell /refund where appropriate

Doug
    Why can't you call that number ?

Doug

because no. with 02079 is with money i have a mobile no. with unlimited minute to call anywhere but this no need credit to call :-1:

i have already sent message im still waiting thanks
    According to EE

0207 numbers are charged at standard rate and are compatible with free minutes, inline with all 01, 02 and 03 telephone numbers – there should be no disparity between these numbers. This is a rule imposed by Ofcom on 1st June 2015 and applies to all UK telecoms companies. 0203, 0207 and 0208 are popular phone number prefixes corresponding to London based landline phones so they’re just standard geographic numbers charged at standard rate and still eligible for any inclusive free minutes offers that EE may be running for your particular contract or bundle, as you would expect.

Doug