Is there a way to connect TomTom Android Navigation to an external bluetooth GPS receiver? — TomTom Community

Is there a way to connect TomTom Android Navigation to an external bluetooth GPS receiver?

My phone has lousy GPS connection. I have an external Bluetooth GPS device which connects to my phone. Can i make TomTom work with that device instead of my internal GPS?

Best Answers

Answers

• schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 120 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited May 25
    I have done it the past but not with my current phone. I think I also had to use an app. I'll try to unearth the info. You could start by searching external Android GPS connection.
  • RobertT13RobertT13 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks. I already installed the app. And it's working fine with my BT GPS receiver. But how can ik make TomTom use this BT device? When i stop the onboard GPS in Android (Location) and start TomTom it notices Location is off and asks to put it on. When i ignore it, i do not have a GPS fix (as expected...). In the old days there was option in TomTom to determine the GPS device, but this is not an option in the Android version.
  • RobertT13RobertT13 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    It is working now. At first installation mist the "mocking" part. Thanks very much for the help.
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 120 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    "mocking part"?????? My phone better not start mocking me. ;-)