Spark 3 sync to phone problem — TomTom Community

Spark 3 sync to phone problem

yarrbyarrb Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
my spark 3 will only sync 9% with my phone, ive tried deleting the app, forgetting the watch/phone repairing just does the same every time! about to smash crap tom tom watch! please help

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,770 Superusers
    It could just be a compatibility issue which cannot be fixed and you may need to stick with syncing by computer. You should reset the connection following these steps. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
  • WillyTWillyT Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have a Tomtom spark music watch and it is getting to 34% and then saying unable to sync. I last synced it on Tuesday 14th. I have been unable to sync my 15th and 16th running activities. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • yarrbyarrb Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    thankyou, its currently plugged into my computer, the phone is showing that its charging and cant find the hard drive? cant scroll on the watch at all, i got the phone to forget the watch, then repaired through the app, still will only sync to 9%
    it all used to work fine until approx 6 weeks ago
    could it have anything to do with me only using mobile data on my phone and not wifi?
  • yarrbyarrb Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    gave up! these watches are a piece of crap! first 1 screen went pixalated, sent back to amazon, turned out it was 2nd hand and refurbished my arse! bought brand new 1 worked for about 6 month, now wont sync past 9%
    have tried everything! its a piece of crap, has been returned and have a received a full refund, there is a very good reason TOM TOM have stopped making/selling these devices total p.o.s