Concerns with US Map Directions

JeffMax
JeffMax Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have just come back from Florida. When I was driving between specified locations along interstate highways such as I-4 or I-95 my device directed to me to come off my pre-determined route at many but not all junctions, go either left or right then make a U-turn to rejoin the highway. Once I had driven past each junction my route was indicated to be along the highway until I came to the next junction when the same come off at the next junction instruction was given again. This would be very confusing for drivers depending upon their TomTom device who had had no previous experience or knowledge of driving on the interstate highways. Has anyone else noticed the same directions being given?

I use a GO 6200 bought in the UK. The US map was a later download.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,960
    Superuser
    HI @JeffMax

I would suggest you do. a Soft Reset on your unit. When the unit is on hold the ON/OFF button down until you hear the Drumroll sound and then let the Button go.

Then try and create the same route route on the USA map and see if the same occurs.

if it still does it then a Reset Device ( a Factory Reset) from Setting/System.

If still doing it Contact customer support.

Doug
  • JeffMax
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for the suggestions. Will try them next time I am in the US. I forgot to mention that my 6200 is a brand new device and the US Map was a first download so perhaps a Soft Reset after any download might be advisable. Oh, and I do so miss US Samantha's voice telling me to go around the rotary
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,960
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @JeffMax

Why don't you try creating the route now?

Re Samantha lets see if @VikramK can add it to your account. Keep an eye out here.

Doug
  • JeffMax
    Apprentice Traveler
    The erroneous re-routing only happens in real time when I am within about 400 feet from a junction. The highlighted route changes to a direction to take the next junction, make the turn etc. Once I am past the entry slip road the correct highlighted route returns until the next junction. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the specific junction numbers on I-95 where the mis-direction occurred.
    Re Samantha thanks for the advice

Jeff
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,066
    Hi @JeffMax

Computer voice Samantha added. Should be available for download when connected to a WiFi internet connection.

With regards to the routing, is it just on the interstate highways?

When it redirects you off the highways, is it through a route not suitable for driving, especially a car?

Regards
    Vikram
  • JeffMax
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi VikramK

Thanks for the Samantha voice availability. Will add it next time I WiFi connect.

Regarding the routing anomaly, the route direction changes to the next available junction when I was very close to it or almost on it. The road was always a road suitable for driving. Usually the route direction was to take that junction, turn left at the end of the road, cross over the interstate and then make a U-turn where possible. I never followed those instructions and as soon as I had passed the junction and the road over the interstate the normal routing along the interstate continued on the display.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    That certainly is a strange one. I've driven quite a bit around I-4 and I-95 in Florida and haven't seen that behaviour (although once elsewhere there was a tie up just after an exit and I was rerouted correctly to take the exit and then the immediate entrance to avoid it).

You don't actually have to be in the States to check it out -- does a "Preview Route" show the same thing?