Sync routes from MyDrive account online to phone with TomTom Mobile? — TomTom Community

Sync routes from MyDrive account online to phone with TomTom Mobile?

HaandrikHaandrik Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello.

I made a route on my TomTom MyDrive account online, but when saved it's now showing in the GO app on my phone.
My places get's synchronized but not the routes. It's the same the other way, I made some routes on the phone, but they are not synchronized to MyDrive online and therefor not on my other device (tablet).

If I choose to synchronize the route online as a track, then it shows on my GO mobile as a track under the routes and also on the tablet.

How can I synchronize routes (not tracks), so when made on one device or online are showed on all devices/online?

Under TomTom services on the GO mobile app, under MyDrive Sync it says "Synchronize your destinations, places and routes and see them on all your devices".

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,443 Superuser
    edited May 23
    Hi @Haandrik

Firstly I assume you are using an Android phone as the IOS Mobile App does not sync Routes at all.

Re Android I have just to try them loaded the MyDrive App and the Mobile Go App to my Samsung Tablet as I don't have an Android phone.

I have created a Route in MyDrive App and Saved to My Routes. It has appeared in My Routes on the Mobile Go App and on my Go Camper.

The Mobile Go app is gradually syncing routes and has just Synced a Route I have just created and Saved to Routes in the IOS MyDrive app on my phone.

The My Drive Web and App only Saves Routes as Tracks and the route is fixed.. If you Send the Destination then it is a Route in effect as it will recalculate the route when received to ensure it matches the Route settings in my Go Camper etc and for Traffic conditions.

If however you create a route in the Mobile Go app and save the route it is not then a track. If you look in My Routes it has a solid Shaft to the arrow whilst the Tracks have a Dotted Shank to the Arrow. The Solid Shank routes cannot be Synced or Exported and will be lost if you do a Factory Reset..

Doug