New map v10.25 available for download - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New map v10.25 available for download

2»

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,194 Superuser
    Hi @Barry Davis

The recommended way to update is via the inbuilt Wifi.
  • giobiagiobia Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hello,
    to solve definitively this problem and complete updating map 1025 , I had to do :

- installing and updating ONLY Europe Map 1025 ZONE 5 on my old SD 4GB

- instead of using my SD 8GB, always used without problems on my Mazda NB1 Live for 6 years. On that SD 8GB last December 2018 I've done map 1020 updating without problems. :#

Thank you all.
  • woskamwoskam Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem, and is still not solved by TT Support
  • ianinitalyianinitaly Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Update 1025 - Giobia - Anche io!
    Apparently TomTom are working on it! (fix to be able to download Update Map 1025) Mazda NB1 is very poor value for the money. Tips suggesting trying again or that firewall is causing inability to download is not helpful to most with an average understanding of operating their computer.
    I have standalone US TomTom with lifetime Maps Update - cost about $90 and has so far updated "sensa problemi" as well as Garmin with lifetime Europe - but NB1? - I don't know if you are supposed to be a computer whizkid and have deep pockets? and have lots of time to try to make it work as advertised.
    Certainly very poor value for money. Mazda seem to have little interest and have abrogated all responsibility to TomTom.
  • ianinitalyianinitaly Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Giobia - I do not have the option to download individual Zones of Europe on TT Home. How have you done this?
  • nicklucknickluck Posts: 38 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hello!

I'm also experiencing problem with reinstalling the Europe map.
    I tried to update it few days ago but it failed and left me without maps.

I have a TomTom GO6200 and I don't have an SD card.
    After failing installing the Europe map, I tried with a smaller one (Benelux) which succeeded after a couple of failures.
    I have tried installing the Europe maps ever since, by using the wifi or connecting the tomtom to the laptop, maybe more than 10 times with different wifi networks. Nothing helped and I'm still without my map.

Can you help?

Thanks
  • BartekcjBartekcj Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello Vikram. What about the update europe maps for Tomtom NDS (android)?
    edited March 12
    Hi @nickluck

I think if it was me I would do a full Reset on the unit. Firstly I would check that all my Favourites, Poi and Routes files are listed on MyDrive. Then I would

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This will delete all your data Ie Favourite,Poi and Route files and all the other settings such as Wifi. The map/Maps you have loaded on the unit will not be effected.

When trying to install a map the first thing that happens is the old map is removed to make the space available.

Now I am assuming that you have only the Benelux Map on the unit and as a result you probably now do not have enough space on the internal memory to Install an Europe Map which is circa 8GB. So if you

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap the ? in a circle next to the System Icon then scroll down you can see how much space is available on the internal memory.

I would suggest that you either Add a 16 or 32GB Micro SD Class 10 card and then install the European map which will probably go on that. Or you

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Map
    Select the Benelux map and delete it from the unit. and then do the same but select the Europe map and load that The Benelux map should still be available if you want to load it again but the extra memory will be required.

Tomtom recommend that you have 30mb Download speed when using Wifi for the Download otherwise they suggest that you connect the GO 6200 to a PC with MyDrive Connect running but in the background. This may help see second half of video.

All the best

Doug

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,084 Superusers
    Hi
    @nickluck
    I tried to update it few days ago but it failed and left me without maps.
    The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices like you’re GO 6200 normally update using Wi-Fi...
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wifi) devices connected over Wifi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if myDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Updating your new NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here.....
    www.tomtom.com/getstarted
    Run MyDrive Connect.....
    Note... The NAV(5 Wifi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wifi" etc
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wifi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC TaskBar

27bxc59f2s23.png
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all of the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Setting --> Maps

ATB YFM

@DougLap @YamFazMan, resetting didn't help.
    My wifi has 200Mb/s speed and, as I mentioned already above, I have also tried updating/installing via laptop.
    Map size is not an issue as my device has 13GB free and map is 9GB.
    edited March 12
    Hi
    @nickluck

Is your Laptop hard wired to your Router or connected to the Router over Wi-Fi
    The last update for my GO 6200 was the Full Europe Map v1025
    Virgin Media 110MB/s Map 8.9GB Over USB (Can't be bothered with Wi-Fi)

Full install and ready to use 25 mins 38 secs (Stop watch)

ATB YFM
    Hi @nickluck

Maybe @VikramK can have a look at your account at their end and see if settings need sorting following the failed download..

Doug
    @YamFazMan , it's connected on wifi, it's a surface pro, so it doesn't have an ethernet port.
    Just for testing, I also installed a 16GB SD Sandisk Ultra and I had the same problem. I successfully used the same SD few months ago for USA map.
    edited March 13
    Hi
    @nickluck

Wifi....
    Is your Wi-Fi connection only 5GHz ??? My Virginmedia Wi-fi has both 2.4GHz & 5GHz available... My Tomtom devices connect to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi OK
    Is there any Port monitoring software running
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

USB....
    Re "Download/installation interrupted".....
    Are your USB ports set for power saving "USB Selective Suspend"
    The Computer Manufacturers appear to be setting "USB Selective Suspend" to ON as default
    Especially Laptops, maybe to improve the look of the battery life

Win7 See... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

Win10 See… https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend-windows-10-a.html
    Click on link and scroll down to "Turn Off USB Selective Suspend"

Random Disconnects on Surface Pro 3 & 4
    Do you have or have access to a 'Surface Dock', if so plug your device into a USB port on that. Others have found that to work

On the Win10 tablets, Microsoft has hidden the "USB Selective Suspend" menu
    You will need to edit the Registry for the USB Selective Suspend menu to show

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1234855/#Comment_1234855

Connect your Surface Pro to an external power supply, my Win10 Tablet connects to a 5GHz Wi-Fi OK... Connection over USB works OK (I have Modded the Registry)
    Turn off any Screen savers and any other Power savers or USB port monitoring software that's installed

Edit... My Main Desktop's Wi-fi only connects at 40MB/s (Hence the I can't be bothered with Wi-Fi) why would I when I can connect Hard wired to the Router at 110 to 114MB/s

ATB YFM
    @YamFazMan , clearly my wifi has 2.4, otherwise the TomTom wouldn't even see the network, so how would I fail to download?
    As I mentioned already, it's a 200Mbit/s connection (effective).
    Surface Pro does not suffer from the same disconnect of the Surface Pro3 & 4 so it's also not the case.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @giobia

We fixed some things from our side. Could you try installing the Europe map and let me know if the installation goes through without any issues?

Thanks
    Vikram
  • SmookSmook Posts: 1 [New Seeker]

All works fine now, problem with Mazda NB1 solved. Thank you!
  • giobiagiobia Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @giobia

We fixed some things from our side. Could you try installing the Europe map and let me know if the installation goes through without any issues?

Thanks
    Vikram

Hi @VikramK, thank you for your setup : at last my map 1025 updating process on NB1 SD 8GB is correctly finished without any issues.

I saw my Europe 1025 downloading process lasted 25min instead of 45min as before your setup. Perhaps due to 5 smaller Europe.zip files downloaded (total 4,22GB) instead of only one larger Europe.zip (about 4,3GB for 1020map).

So this problem with Mazda NB1 is solved. Thank you again. :)
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @giobia

Thanks
    Vikram

Hi Vikram,

I also tried installing the map again but it still fails.
    I contacted support but they're not helpful.

Nicola
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 954 [Revered Pioneer]
    When do you release map updates for Renault R-Link? Renault keep saying I have the latest map, v1011, November 2018 and they also say their maps are not the same as TomTom ones (that's obvious because they have different OEM software, but the roads will still have changed won't they?). They only release maps about 9 month intervals. Your publicity says maps change all the time and you issue new ones every three months, but Renault don't. Do Renaults not need new maps? If Renaults don't need new maps, why do all the others need them?
  • anatoliy2001anatoliy2001 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Earlier there was a map of Europe version 9.05 on a 4 GB memory card. I updated to version 10.25 and it broke the map of Europe into 6 zones because of its large size. Now I want to record a full map of Europe on a flash memory of 16 GB, but it further suggests choosing only one zone. How can I download the full map of Europe?
  • LepreLepre Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hello,
    when are the TOM TOM 10.30 maps coming out?
    Yesterday they released the Peugeot maps Cartography: 14.0.0-r0 22/05/19
    Thank you
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @Lepre

Following TomTom's normal schedule of releases, I expect next Tuesday, all being well ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online10

10 Guests