Any way NOT to have My-Drive start up EVERY time I switch on my moby? — TomTom Community

Any way NOT to have My-Drive start up EVERY time I switch on my moby?

TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 85 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
Guys,
I've had My-Drive on my moby for a while but now, every time I turn it on My-Drive reports a start up. I don't need this. It isn't useful to me because I don't use/want to use ANY one of my navigation devices every day, maybe weekends.

I get the little pop-up that tells me its running and to Tap to turn off but it doesn't appear as running in the list of running Apps.

Like I don't want to give Google dominion over my contacts list so that I can ring out via my Rider 550 I really don't want to have My-Drive running unless I want to use it. Why the hell TomTom now devolves making calls via my Rider 550 to Google AND ONLY GOOGLE, like the Rider 550 doesn't support making calls without Google, a smart phone and a functioning data link hacks me off.

Are TomTom now tracking me? Don't want this either.
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,110
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @TigerRider

With MyDrive Connect running...
    Click on the Cog Wheel Icon Screen top right
    Click on the General Tab
    Un-Tick Start MyDrive when the Computer Starts
    Save settings....

ATB YFM
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 85 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    YFM, @YamFazMan (not sure I understand this feature)

Thanks, for the quick reply.

I am running the Android MyDrvie v2.6.0 NC v17.1.14.10302.

No little cog in the top right or indeed left. I get a little box top right with an 'x' to show device not connected. Turning on my Rider550 the 'x' goes away.

On the left is a circle with three dots vertical. This gets me to the "General Setting" feature with a sub option of "Setting". This sub menu essentially configures how the App organises contact names and miles/kilometers. A "Notifications" option takes me to the Android notifications listing. MyDrvie is not listed here, all are off except SMS and WhatsApp.

So, not found any option to turn off (or on) the power-on start up warning.

Perhaps another example of the clever folk at TomTom making something better.

My list of TomTom NEGATIVE "improvements" on each new devices is making me wish I'd broken the bond with them. Really want to have a phone contacts/call management option on my Rider 550 which doesn't require voice control and a smart moby. I just don't do names. Got to see them written down.

What am I missing?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,110
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @TigerRider (@ + Username... Sends a email to the user notifying them of the reply)

Sorry... I was referring to the MyDrive Connect for a Windows PC

ATB YFM