Purchase failed, when I tried to upgrade my subscription — TomTom Community

Purchase failed, when I tried to upgrade my subscription

RicoKRicoK Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Hello,

I use TomTom GO for iOS on my iPhone (now on a iPhone 8 Plus with the latest iOS) for a couple of years now.

My subscription expires on 13-01-2019, but since a few days now there appears at the bottom of the menu, the message that I can upgrade (like I do every year). However, when I press on Upgrade 1 year at EUR 19.99, the message 'Purchase failed - Your purchase can not be completed. Try again. OK'.

In other words, I can not (yet?) Upgrade. However, last year, that I can see in the bill that I have had from the iTunes Store, I would have been a few days before my subscription expired upgraded. What is wrong now?

Thanks for your support.
TomTom GO Navigation App (iOS)

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,093 TomTom Moderator
    Hi RicoK,

Welcome to the Community!

This can be related to limiting in-app purchases on your iOS device. You can go to Settings on your iOS device>General>Restrictions>Allowed Content and turn In-app purchases on for the GO Mobile app & try the purchase once again.

Hope it helps!

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• RicoKRicoK Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hello lampard,

Many thanks! That was the issue! In-app purchases was turned off. After I have turned it on I was able to expire my subscription.

Thanks again.
    TomTom GO Navigation App (iOS)
  • RichardFosseRichardFosse Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem but in my c ase the In-app purchase is enabled and I still have the same failure. I urgently need to upgrade.