How do I select an active Canada route on my VIA 1535?

GarminNewHam19GarminNewHam19 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited May 23 in MyDrive and Road Trips
I have a current active North America map on my VIA 1535 that includes, USA, Canada and Mexico. I am trying to look at a route for Canada while I am in the USA but am having no luck. Do I need to be in Canada in order to active the Canada portion of my North America map?

Best Answer

• GarminNewHam19GarminNewHam19 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you YasFazMan. As it turns out I was not able to see or select Canada because TomTom originally sent me the wrong Map update even though it was listed correctly on their ICON. Instead of USA, Canada, and Mexico they sent me USA, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands. I went back to TomTom site and was able to upload the USA, Canada, and Mexico map that I originally wanted.

Also, a special thanks to DuougLap and dhn that responded to my situation. Your help and advice are greatly appreciated.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,556 Superuser
    edited May 21
    Hi @GarminNewHam19

I don't know your particular system but I am assuming that you have one map that covers the whole area.

If you go into Search do you have to click top right, it might be a USA flag at the moment., to change the country to Canada in order to search for Canadian places.

You won't need to be in Canada to do it.

Doug
  • GarminNewHam19GarminNewHam19 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you Doug your answer makes perfect sense. However, before I sent my request I attempted to change the Country to Canada but my choices were USA, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands which bewilders me since I live 50 miles north of Boston, MA. Please advise.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    Just to check.........

Settings-->Me and my device--->my device--->maps, what does it say?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,556 Superuser
    HI @GarminNewHam19

Can you type Can+++ and get Canada to come up..

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,499 Superusers
    Hi
    @GarminNewHam19

Welcome to the site....
    Re... NAV3 VIA 1535
    On the screen where you enter your city/postcode
    Screen top right is a Flag Icon... Tap the Flag Icon
    Type Can or as much of the countries name ie... Canada to put the Canada map Icon at the top of the list
    Tap the Canada Icon
    Now you can enter your Canada Address
    The Canada map will now be the default Map

If you plan a trip to another Country you will have to change the Map as above to suit
    Don't forget to switch back to USA on your return

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Thank you YasFazMan. As it turns out I was not able to see or select Canada because TomTom originally sent me the wrong Map update even though it was listed correctly on their ICON. Instead of USA, Canada, and Mexico they sent me USA, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands. I went back to TomTom site and was able to upload the USA, Canada, and Mexico map that I originally wanted.

Also, a special thanks to DuougLap and dhn that responded to my situation. Your help and advice are greatly appreciated.