Hyundai kona sat nav — TomTom Community

Hyundai kona sat nav

plordplord Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have a sat nav in my Hyundai kona which I believe is from tom tom ( no logos, but does connect to the tom tom live services ). I've got some questions which Hyundai are struggling to answer -

* The manual gives details on how to load POI via gpx or kml files from USB - whilst this works, I can't get the POI to show on the map ( only used when search for a destination ). Is there details anyware of the gpx/kml format supported ? I'm hoping the docs could tell me some additional fields to add to get it to show up on the map. In fact it would be really good if icons could be made to work.
* How can I report map errors ? I tried using the tom tom reporting tool but it doesn't show the POI I want to fix ( electric car charger )
* Anyone know if there is a support line I can use to directly ask tom tom these and similar questions ?

Many thanks,

Pete

Best Answer

Answers

• plordplord Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Brilliant ! Many thanks for the info, I had no idea !
  • plordplord Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Actually, I don't think this is the full answer.

When I so a live POI search on the sat nav, server contacted is hyundai-kia-ams.services.tomtom.com - I'm seeing only a small number of electric car charging points returned and a number are inaccurate.

So I think the question remains - how can I report missing and incorrect electric car charger points POI back to tom tom to improve the on-line service ?

Thanks,

Pete