Watch won't connect to my phone

IhateTomTom1_IhateTomTom1_ Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
My watch won't connect to my phone,and the help situation is so poor I have had to resort to this!
Tagged:

Answers

• IhateTomTom1_IhateTomTom1_ Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Oh how interesting, what a shame there isn't a support number you can contact!!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,717 Superusers
    Since TT Sports went out of business over 18 months ago and ceased all production and development they are also cutting back on Support options. You can use live chat during business hours and email outside of business hours. You can also search these forums and find plenty of posts about the same issue which will likely solve your problem without a call at all.

The first thing to try is to reset the connection following these steps. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

If that does not work you should see if you are on one of the newest builds of Android as they have not caught up (and may never will considering that development stopped 18 months ago). You always have the option of syncing via computer which is much faster and more reliable.