Change map! — TomTom Community

Change map!

BRIX_DkBRIX_Dk Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
HI Tomtom, i just bought the Estearn europe map yesterday, i experence that the, map of east europe, and west europe, is 2 differends map. so i have to change the settings for the map, when i'm driving from deutchland to poland.

I would like to have the map on my motorcycle gps, so the map is changeing itself.

is this possible, to have the two maps together?

thanks in advnance
Tagged:

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @BRIX_Dk

You will have to contact the customer support for a refund, explain to them that you wish to buy a larger map of Europe. They should be able to help you with that.

I would suggest that you use a 16 GB memory card to install the Europe map on your device.

Regards
    Vikram :)

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,359
    Superuser
    Hi @BRIX_Dk

Would you not have been better to have bought the Full European map which covers the whole of Europe + in one map. What map did your unit first come with?

Details here

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/travel-map/europe/

Below is the Customer Support information which I see is Chat only for Denmark. I think there is a link for the Chat as it is in Green.

All the best

Doug

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

• BRIX_DkBRIX_Dk Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited May 2019
    Yes i would like to buy The Full europe map, is it possible to transfer the money back? and buy the Europe map?

The Unit comes with the Western europe map, and i needed the East EU
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,359
    Superuser
    Hi @BRIX_Dk

You will have to try Chat. I will link however this to @VikramK to see if he can come up with any other option other than Chat. Have a look here tomorrow to see if he comments.

@VikramK may be also be kind enough to add a small map to your account that you download first as it will go on the internal memory and then you will be able to uninstall the map you have on it and load the Europe Map. You keep the small map untouched on the internal memory to enable you to sort things out.

Doug
  • BRIX_DkBRIX_Dk Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank You
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @BRIX_Dk

You will have to contact the customer support for a refund, explain to them that you wish to buy a larger map of Europe. They should be able to help you with that.

I would suggest that you use a 16 GB memory card to install the Europe map on your device.

Regards
    Vikram :)