No Traffic updates / GPRS on TOMTOM GO 5200 — TomTom Community

No Traffic updates / GPRS on TOMTOM GO 5200

Hello,

I've just got a TOMTOM GO 5200 as a replacement device for my defective TOMTOM GO 5100 and my GPRS doesn't work so I can't receive traffic information or live services. It is linked to my tomtom account, connected to WIFI but still no traffic services. Can somebody help out? Thanks!!

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,413
    Superuser
    Hi @talk2bala

When you tap menu there are Icons top. Right.

They cover Wifi, Bluetooth, a Cloud Icon and 2 car icon. Can yo advise which ones are bold and which are greyish.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,484 Moderator
    Hi @talk2bala

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the 2nd Line Team to make some changes so the services for your device get reactivated.

Just do a soft reset( press and hold the on/off button till you hear the drum sounds)

and test the device again.

Regards
    Vikram
  • talk2balatalk2bala Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @talk2bala

When you tap menu there are Icons top. Right.

They cover Wifi, Bluetooth, a Cloud Icon and 2 car icon. Can yo advise which ones are bold and which are greyish.

Doug

Hi Doug,
    The Wifi, Bluetooth & Cloud are in Bold and the Two car icos (Traffic) is grey.
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @talk2bala

I have asked the 2nd Line Team to make some changes so the services for your device get reactivated.

Just do a soft reset( press and hold the on/off button till you hear the drum sounds)

Regards
    Vikram

Hi Vikram,
    I've restarted (press & hold till it shows shutting down although I didn't hear the drum sound) and its still the same. Traffic icon is grey and when I touch it say traffic Service unavailable "we are having trouble accessing TomTom service. Please try again later"

Best regards,
    Bala
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @talk2bala

Thanks for coming back. So your connections to the Wifi, Bluetooth and your account by the unit are working so do as @VikramK asks above as the action he has taken does often sort the problem out.

Please let us know how you get on.

Doug
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @talk2bala

Regards
    Vikram

Hi Vikram,
    The Traffic update works now. Thanks. But I still have one issue. When I check the status in "About => Speed camera Updates" then it shows TomTom services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Do I have to worry about it.

Best regards,
    Bala
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,484 Moderator
    One more soft reset, please...

Also please make sure that you log in to MyDrive on your device using your TomTom account credentials.

Regards
    Vikram

• SueH_2019SueH_2019 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi - I seem to have the same issue with my TomTom Go 5200, have done the soft reset / charge for 2 hours then do soft reset and still no joy. Only difference to the above is that I don't have bluetooth enabled as I use my car blue tooth. This didn't affect my ability to get traffic up until a few weeks ago.
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @SueH_2019

I would do a Factory Reset.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

This will mean you will have to set the whole thing up again as you did when you first got it.

You will lose all your Data ie favourites (MyPlaces) and any Poi and Route files you have loaded via MyDrive. All if this data should sync back to the unit once you have done the reset. Any .GPX files imported directly to the GO5200 and routes planned and save on the unit will be lost. You can export the imported >GPX files if you have not got them saved on the PC.

Hope that works. If not then a call to Customer Support is next.

Doug
  • SueH_2019SueH_2019 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @SueH_2019

I would do a Factory Reset.
    Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

[...]
    Doug

THANK YOU Doug; I HAS TRAFFIC!!!!!

*cough* Yes, this worked as advertised - sure I had to log back in as you said I would but that was pretty painless and I have my data back via my online account info :)

Thank you again :D:star:
    Superuser
    Hi @SueH_2019

Great to hear your motoring again. Simples. =)=)

Doug