Why is my internal clock is not working? — TomTom Community

Why is my internal clock is not working?

andrewmarks45andrewmarks45 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
My internal clock in my Tom Tom Rider stops working after a few minutes of use which creates no approx. arrival time on screen...

Best Answer

Answers

• teampahoyoteampahoyo Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    My TomTom's clock is correct after I turn it on but after a few minutes it goes to 12:00. Did a satellite die up there?
  • AfflosparkAfflospark Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,
    No, there is not satellite dead. however, on Gregorian calendar month seventh, the GPS system encountered the Week range change (WNRO) event, wherever the week range is reset to zero. This happens each nineteen.6 years and is completely traditional. However, feels like the code of some TomTom devices does not skills to handle this properly.
    Hope this will help you.
    Thanks
  • andrewmarks45andrewmarks45 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It's one thing to know about the WNRO scenario. It's something else as far as fixing it. Or are we screwed with having to buy a more up to date unit. That would be a pain in the **** since all the wiring harness and mounting brackets are different now. Not to mention the cost, especially since my unit seems to be functioning alright except the damn clock. The other issue is with the clock not functioning properly there goes the estimated time of arrival also. Not cool...
  • MediterMediter Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    My clock keeps resetting to 00:00 every time I synchronise it or set it manually. Is there a solution to this please?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,977 Superusers
    Hi
    @Mediter

May be usefull... Perhaps read the thread....
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1641799/#Comment_1641799

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    So now I CANNOT use my TomTom Golive 825 AT ALL. Because it won't roll over to April 2019. Stuck on 1 September 2009. It doesn't find a valid signal while I travel. I cannot navigate anywhere. Cannot plan a route. NADA. NOTHING. NIKS. !!! I've tried connecting my GPS to the MyDrive Connect via my laptop. The GPS connects to MyDrive Connect...says there are updates available. I try and download the updates but the icon just keeps spinning and spinning on the GPS which is connected to my laptop via its usual USB cable and the MyDrive Connect web page seems frozen on "Getting Ready...downloading items...." yet nothing is downloading. Been "downloading" for 2 hours already...yet nothing is downloading and no firmware or updates are downloading and installing. This is a total MESS and a DISASTER. How on earth are we supposed to used our GPS devices if they don't work anymore?? :# :'(
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,977 Superusers
    edited May 13
    Hi
    @tiljes
    In User 'MrM' post it states the fix work's with the Urban Rider ???

ATB YFM

@Intrepidtraveller

To check NavKit version....
    From the main menu
    Tap (Settings)
    Left Cursor once for next page
    Tap (Me and my device)
    Tap (About my device)
    Second line... App Version
    Follow onscreen prompts to exit

Firstly try Logging OUT of MyDrive Connect (Screen Top Right) then log back in again with your Credentials... Simple but it has worked for several users

Option... (1)
    On the rare occasions that I have a problem with MyDrive Connect
    I Un-install MyDrive Connect using the Revo Uninstaller (Windows PC )
    There must be a equivalent Deep un-install program for a Mac

Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Revo first Un-installs the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal Un-install leaves behind
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

Also See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1643932/#Comment_1643932

ATB YFM

In addition to doing as @YamFazMan recommends can you advise the first two letters of your serial number, have you got a micro SD card installed and if so what size and finally how much Free memory do you have on your internal memory and external if fitted.

Doug
  • tiljestiljes Posts: 190 [Exalted Navigator]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @tiljes
    In User 'MrM' post it states the fix work's with the Urban Rider ???

ATB YFM

What fix? Just install NavCore 9.541 update via TT Home. Problem solved.
  • TuMaRis53TuMaRis53 Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited May 21
    I've been waiting for two months as soon as the correction of GPS time to the problem.
      Where does the update last?

TomTom cannot assume that customers are loyal to their products if their lifetime is determined by updates!

My device is Rider No. K4xxxxAxxxx33

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks!