Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 97 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• delbouananidelbouanani Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    @Danny_ @purplepigs @delbouanani I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 and if you make a factory reset on the watch, it'll be offered in Sports Connect to download. See if it improves the situation! You'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of phone notifications when on 1.3.255.

Thanks, lampard

Thanks @lampard I've received version 1.3.255 but no luck with it, appreciate your feedback
  • purplepigspurplepigs Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks very much @lampard I have now received v 1.3.255. I will report back in the next week to let others know if my situation has improved :)
  • JakubPJakubP Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Dear moderator, I have also problem with sync my Runner 3 with phone after update, could you please made older version accessible for me? Thank you in advance. Jakub
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,100 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @JakubP

The old version rollback only helps in case there's a battery issue with the watch.For syncing issue, I would advise you to start from the scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: Android/iOS

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• JakubPJakubP Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hello @lampard, thank you very much for help, problem is solved.
  • BlankaHBlankaH Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi @lampard,

It seems I have also the battery drain issue on my Tomtom Runner 3 watch. The battery won't last more then 1 hour run after fresh full charging. Factory reset didn't help.
    Could you please set the a rollback to the previous firmware for me. Thank you!
    Hi @BlankaH

This can be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version version won't help as the watch linked to your account is two plus years old. But make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

• Petra83Petra83 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi @lampard

Could you please rollback my software version too? My watch battery lasts now roughly 24 hours after charging (while not even wearing it), and I've did the factory reset twice now, checking all settings to consume as little battery as possible. This issue seems to have started for me around the last update too (which I did beginning of this year), before that I could go for a few days with my watch before charging.

Kind regards,

Petra
    Hi @Petra83

I've put you on the version 1.3.255 and it'll be offered to you in Sports Connect after performing a factory reset on your watch. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

Regards, lampard

• mechmech Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard ,
    I have a runner 3 device and I have the battery drain issue. I tried to perform a factory reset first to ask you, but the battery still keep its charge for just two/three days.
    Could you please perform the firmware rollback? Thank you for your attention.

Kind Regards.

Mech.

Hi @mech

I think if your watch keeps the charge for 2-3 days , you do not need a software rollback to the older version. You'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts when on 1.3.255.

Please try the following and see if this help otherwise I can put you on the old version:
    · Your watch and your phone may be trying to establish a Bluetooth connection without success, for example when your phone isn’t in reach. To check this, go to SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING and switch syncing off.

If this improves battery life, try making your phone forget the watch in its Bluetooth settings and pair the devices again.
    · Make sure you haven’t accidentally enabled night mode. Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT.

Regards, lampard

• SzafarzSzafarz Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Poor TomTom can not cope with the problem for over a year. SHAME
    There is no one programmer in the entire company that would take care of the problem. SHAME
    Remove the update from the page, it spoils the watches.
  • mechmech Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @mech

I think if your watch keeps the charge for 2-3 days , you do not need a software rollback to the older version. You'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts when on 1.3.255.

Please try the following and see if this help otherwise I can put you on the old version:
    · Your watch and your phone may be trying to establish a Bluetooth connection without success, for example when your phone isn’t in reach. To check this, go to SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING and switch syncing off.

If this improves battery life, try making your phone forget the watch in its Bluetooth settings and pair the devices again.
    · Make sure you haven’t accidentally enabled night mode. Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT.

Regards, lampard

Thank you for your feedback @lampard,

night options is always off and also the phone syncing is off. Anyway I'll try to use the watch with this version on the software at the moment, if the situation goes wrong I will back to you. :-)

Best regards.
  • cgouromcgourom Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard ,

after updating to the latest software some drain battery issues occured ,can you please make available for me also the software rollback ?best regards Chris
  • PaulB-SPaulB-S Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard can I now have the most recent firmware available to update my watch. currently only 1.3.255 is available to me. Customer support have requested this in order to debug a different fault.
    edited May 31
    @cgourom As you mentioned, the battery issue may occur directly after updating the watch to 1.7.64 and can be fixed with a factory reset on your watch. Can you please try the reset first and give it a test run over the weekend to see if it improves the situation after this? Otherwise I can put you on the old version.

@PaulB-S Done! If you now connect your watch to the computer, the latest version 1.7.64 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard

• cgouromcgourom Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard Thank you for the advice. will give a test run after factory reset and will be back with an update,best regards Chris
  • aweatheraweather Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 6
    Hello, any chance I could be given access to the previous builds? Recently purchased this watch second hand and have been vert disappointed with the battery life compared to my previous tomtom, needing charging every night. Serial no. HNxxxxGxxxxx

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
    @aweather Can you first try the factory reset and give it a test run to see if it improves the situation after this? Otherwise I can put you on the old version.

Thanks, lampard

• LipszczakLipszczak Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, I have problems with phone notifications. I can connect app with watch, and they sync together, but notifications from phone works only few minutes, after that time HR and Alerts sliders are grey. I also can see that QuickGPS actualization never ends, and app is trying to sync GPS all the time. Is it possible to rollback firmware and solve this problem?
    I already tried, factory resets and all other options.
  • bhushan_1234bhushan_1234 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi..I reported following issue and was advised to request moderator to rollback firmware version for my totom cardio to 1.3.255 .

Quote:
    i am fed up with my tomtom cardio spark. battery indicates full charge, however quickly after completing 1 km of running, it goes off.. i tried all the trouble shooting..stopped phone to watch syncing,did complete reset of the watch but no success . i find lot of similar complaints online, pl.suggest a solution.

Pl.advice how the firmware can be rolled l .back quickly and resolve the battery drain out problem.. Its urgenttttttttttt.
  • SurfinSurfin Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @lampard could you please put me on to downgrade the firmware version for my tomtom runner 2? The battery dies after 10 minutes. I've tried several things but it didnt work. It's on lastest version at the moment (1.7.64).

Thank you.
    I have to say. It's so freaking annoying this kind of thing. we buy a watch which in my country is pretty expensive and we have to keep struggling with FIRMWARE issues. FIRMWARE! It's hard to believe why tomtom still did not fix this thing, there is thousands of buyers struggling with the same issues and the only thing we have as support is a forum on internet. Now I'm here with my watch turn on but displaying battery died symbol. haha. I meant, there is charge in battery but the FIRMWARE switch off the watch! It's almost funny. Another training lost. TOMTOM if you arent able to fix this thing, please make a option to downgrade without having to come to a forum! I think you are capable of it! Thanks.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,769 Superusers
    Surfin wrote: »
    I have to say. It's so freaking annoying this kind of thing. we buy a watch which in my country is pretty expensive and we have to keep struggling with FIRMWARE issues. FIRMWARE! It's hard to believe why tomtom still did not fix this thing, there is thousands of buyers struggling with the same issues and the only thing we have as support is a forum on internet. Now I'm here with my watch turn on but displaying battery died symbol. haha. I meant, there is charge in battery but the FIRMWARE switch off the watch! It's almost funny. Another training lost. TOMTOM if you arent able to fix this thing, please make a option to downgrade without having to come to a forum! I think you are capable of it! Thanks.

TomTom Sports went out of business over 18 months ago and all development and production stopped. It will never be fixed as there is no one to fix it, they are dead products. They were never able to diagnose a cause for the battery drain issues and for many users it is a depleted battery, not the firmware. There is a small charge from being plugged in but the depleted battery no longer has the capacity to store it. It is not the firmware it is the battery itself.
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    Surfin wrote: »

TomTom Sports went out of business over 18 months ago and all development and production stopped. It will never be fixed as there is no one to fix it, they are dead products. They were never able to diagnose a cause for the battery drain issues and for many users it is a depleted battery, not the firmware. There is a small charge from being plugged in but the depleted battery no longer has the capacity to store it. It is not the firmware it is the battery itself.

Hi thank you for your reply. I didn't know tomtom went out business, we can find them brand new to sell everywhere here in brazil. In some cases I believe it can be depleted battery but in my case I believe it's something with the battery management or firmware. Last night I simulated a training at home and the battery lasted for almost 3 hours. Today I full recharged it and went out for a training and lasted for 10 minutes. And in this exactly moment, it's still displaying the battery run out symbol, almost 5 hours after the battery "run out". I dont know, I ve been working with these kind of stuff (eletronics) for almost 10 years and if my case is depleted battery it is pretty odd, but def I can't garantee it's not. But anyway I'll try the downgrade and if doesnt help I'll see what I do.