Adding USA and Canada to GO620 — TomTom Community

Adding USA and Canada to GO620

Buellbruce57Buellbruce57 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Just bought this TomTom today and want to add more maps. It came with Australia, New Zealand and Asia. Doing a trip to Canada and the USA later in the year, but doesn’t offer me the option of downloading any maps, other than the local ones.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,091
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Buellbruce57

Contact Tomtom support to sort out your Account
    Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,652
    Superuser
    Hi @Buellbruce57

Further to @YamFazMan's advice you may need to add a Micro SD class 10 card, Sandisk, Samsung or similar major maker from a reliable source to avoid fakes. Some lesser known cards have been known not to work. !6gb or Maximum 32gb recommended. The USA etc map is quite large and may not fit on the internal memory with the existing software and maps as for example I cannot fit the European and USA maps on my units internal memory.

Doug
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,347
    Superusers
    If you let only Austalia Maps, i think you can add USA and Canada maps without put a micro SDcard.
  • Buellbruce57Buellbruce57 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the replys. Contacted Tom Tom support as suggested and they emailed me how to reboot the GPS. All good, downloaded Canada and USA maps & still have a fair bit of internal memory left for additional maps. Thanks :))