Satnav takes me to wrong/different destination to selected one..

This has happened twice now in a few days. First time, I selected an entry from 'My Places' and part way along the route it deviated form the expected course. I followed the route thinking it had found a quicker route but ended up at completely the wrong location. When I checked the journey details the destination address was incorrect. I then selected the same destination from 'My Places' again and it took me to the correct location.I used the same entry the next day and it took me to the right place. Today I hit 'Home' when returning home and towards the end of the journey it told me to turn the wrong way so I ignored it. When I got home I checked the journey details and again it had changed the destination to something completely wrong. It has never done this before. Help!

Application version :- 18.203.0026.311 (0) (05/04/2019)
Map :- Europe v1025.9402 (Released 01/2019)

Answers

• bigbig Posts: 1,531 Superuser
    Long shot:
    Do you have more than one device? If both devices use the same email address to connect to MyDrive then changing or sending destinations to one device will change it on all devices.
  • JohnricJohnric Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I only have one device - a Go 5100.
    Thinking about it, after I enter the destination I need to check the journey details to see the actual destination before setting off to make sure at the outset it is wrong or whether it is changing mid journey. I have made other journeys in between without a hitch. After the last time I did a reset so see if that makes any difference although I had done a restet a week or so ago because it was responding slowly / locked up. A couple of months back I had a problem with it not recognising the SD card which is where the map is located - I reinserted and it worked OK but I have also just removed the SD card and thoroughly cleaned the contacts with alcohol as a precaution and reinserted. Might also try changing the email address temporarily even though one device to see if that makes a difference. Perhaps then a full reset to factory settings as a last resort if it persists.