Calories on Spark 3 — TomTom Community

Calories on Spark 3

Mauro21Mauro21 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Hallo. Even If I'm not wear the Spark 3 in the morning, the watch automatically showing calories as 300/400 Calories and I don't' know how to clear it and start the daily calories from 0. Hope I was clear

Best Answer

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,793 Superusers
    If you were alive and breathing, digesting, etc. then you were burning calories and that is what a 24/7 activity tracker is supposed to be tracking. It computes a BMR based on your gender, height, weight, etc. and takes this along with steps and sports activities to come up with calories burned. Between midnight and whenever you woke up you burned 400 calories just being alive. This is exactly what it and all other activity trackers are designed to do. In my experience it is generally accurate (or as accurate as BMR based calculations can be as they are based on averages).
  • Mauro21Mauro21 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    So you mean that if even I do not wear the spark 3 , it calculates the calories based of the time I take off the watch and based at all feature I programmed (age, weight eccc). Is it correctly. By the way thanks for the comment.