GO 620 WiFi- Can't export Tracks to SD card — TomTom Community

GO 620 WiFi- Can't export Tracks to SD card

I have a GO620 loaded with Oceania, Netherlands and France maps. I recorded a number of tracks in France that I now wish to export to a mapping app. However, I have run into all sorts of difficulties exporting to an SD card. I go to My Routes then Share Tracks, select the Tracks, touch Share, then get the message Preparing Tracks, then get a number of messages such as Insert different memory card (with sufficient space) I then format another card - sometimes it asks what I want to use the card for and sometimes it doesn't - so I insert another SD card, format it (again) but get the message Cannot format memory card as it is already formatted for use for TomTom maps and other content.

I then go back to My Routes , Share Tracks, select 3 tracks then Share, get the message Preparing Tracks, then Insert different memory card - Remove the card used to store maps and voices and insert a memory card with enough free space.

No matter how man times I format memory cards, I still get errors. The most common one is "internal error" on the Share function.

Can you please describe, step by step, how I can Share these tracks onto an SD card. I must be missing something.

Thanks,
Rod.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,162
    Superusers
    Hi
    Have you the Maps on the iternal Memory or on a Memorycard?
    Maybe could be that the tracks can only be shared if the Map they come from is on the internal memory
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,601
    Superuser
    Hi @RodMenzel

If the France map is on the Extra Memory card then that could be the problem.

One thing to remember that is very important. Never delete ALL maps from the Internal memory. If you have plenty of room on your GO 620's internal memory then load the Venezuela map which is only 29mb. Leave that Map on the internal memory at all times as that will ensure your unit can boot up as a mp is required to enable it to do that.

If you have routes created for one of the maps on the internal memory then try and Share those. The Sd Tracks card does not have to be very big.. If it has been in the GO620 before reformat it in your PC to Fat32. Then when you insert it into the unit when asked get the TT unit to format it for Tracks. Then share the tracks you have for a map on the internal memory. To do the tracks for a map on the extra memory then Delete the French map from the extra SD memory. Remove the extra memory SD card and now delete a map on the internal memory to make space for the French Map.Now install the French Map which should automatically load on the internal memory as you have made space for it. Now insert the Track share memory card and Share the French Routes.

Doug
  • RodMenzelRodMenzel Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Doug,
    Thanks for your comments. Still have a strange problem. With map of Australia loaded (from internal memory) I can share 3 tracks to the SD card without a problem. However, I then load the map of France (also from internal memory) and then try to share a number of tracks to the SD card. I then get the error "Internal error" across the screen with a red background, and also underneath that, "Your tracks cannot be shared due to an error. Please try again later". One thing I did notice is that I didn't get the message "Preparing tracks" with the France tracks. Reloaded the Australia map and then successfully shared one of the Australian tracks to the SD card again. Get the same error when I reload the France map and try to share just one France track. The France tracks come up OK on the France map when I just tap one on the "My Routes" list.

A good one to leave with you....

Thanks,

Rod.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,008
    Superusers
    edited April 2019
    Hi

I have just set-up Recorded GPX Track in the UK named 'Short recorded route'... Tapped the record button and Started a Route Demo, waited for the Route Demo to complete... Tapped Stop Recording, saved the Track to MyRoutes

Then set-up a short GPX Track in Australia named 'Jam Jerrup to Phillip Island Racetrack'... Using the MyDrive Web Route Planner, saved the Track to MyRoutes

kepgcs0moaim.jpg
    Followed the on-screen inductions to Share Tracks

cwov33sv5rou.jpg
    Inserted freshly formatted 8GB Micro SDHC Card and received this error Message

bbwis6b66d92.jpg
    Workaround Fix...
    I did not Remove or change the freshly formatted 8GB Micro SDHC Card
    I simply Tapped the ( OK) Button...

Tapped the Blue ( < ) Return Icon Screen top Right on the device Menus Screen
    5uhdig33sxa8.jpg

This Screen displayed... I selected 'Routes'

m0hcroihe8xd.jpg

Followed the On-screen menus to Share Tracks... Success
    18tthn6s57os.jpg
    ATB YFM
    Superusers
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @RodMenzel

I have also found, if I use the 'SD Card Associations' dedicated Format tool
    To format the Memory card the GO 6200 is not having problems/errors when transferring Tracks to Share....
    Here...
    https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/index.html

There's also a Mac version

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan,

Problem not resolved. Regardless of the map loaded from internal memory (Oceania or France) at the time of the Share, I can share the 3 Australian tracks, but as soon as I try to share any of the France tracks, i still get "Internal error Your tracks cannot be shared due to an error. Please try again later."
    The strange thing is that the France tracks load on to the France map without a problem. No matter what I try, following every variation of your advice, and a few variations of my own, I still get the "Internal error" message, but just for the France tracks, not for the Australia tracks.
    HELP!!
    Rod.
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @RodMenzel

Working fine here....
    I have just set-up a short GPX Track in France France'... Tapped the record button and Started a Route Demo, waited for the Route Demo to complete... Tapped Stop Recording and saved the 'Recorded track France' Track to MyRoutes

Followed the on-screen inductions to Share Tracks

The 8GB Micro SDHC Card viewed ON PC
    zr9vzr4g0fg3.jpg
    ATB YFM
    Problem not resolved - followed all your suggestions, some tracks share, some don't.
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @RodMenzel

Were all the files .GPX Tracks ???
    Were any of the Files .ITN Routes

7zz94xcy3upj.jpg]
    ATB YFM
    The tracks are all .GPX. Initially, it was the old tracks from March-April 2018 that wouldn't share, now very few of them will share, even current ones. There is plenty of space on the SD card as it is occupied by only a few tracks.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @RodMenzel

Are they the old style .GPX files that contained both a .GPX Route & Track...

ATB YFM
    They were all tracks recorded by using the "Record Track" option. I can't really answer your question because I can't get at the tracks to analyse.