No traffic data for 2 days — TomTom Community

No traffic data for 2 days

Is there a problem with the traffic service or is it just my device.I have travelled 600 miles with no traffic data

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,494 Superuser
    Hi @Ovalball03

For me no problem with Traffic.
    Start by doing a Soft Reset of your device.
    - Device switch on, press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.

Check if MyDrive is enabled in your device:
    ==> Main Menu (4Dots ...) / TomTom Service (your email and password) activated

Without improvements see this video and check all settings:

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10316

Regards.
  • Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 293 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Thanks for your reply.Had tried all the above and in desperation tried a hard reset.That did the trick.Have had some strange issues with failed updates lately and wondered if that was a contributing factor?
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,494 Superuser
    Hi @Ovalball03

Glad for you that works. :)
    Difficult to answer your question, I don't know ... maybe?
    Two years ago, after an update of the NavCore, I had to do a "Factory Reset" on my GO5100 to restore my Traffic connection, but since no problem with that.

To avoid the potential worries I apply a simple method for my updates, valid for Wifi and non-Wifi devices.
    Always download the files one by one, never several at the same time and always do a Soft Reset after. In this order:
    1/ NavCore alone, then a Soft Reset, quick check of Settings in the device.
    2/ A single map alone, then a Soft Reset.
    3/ Speed ​​Cameras alone, then MapShare alone, then a Soft Reset.
    4/ Since I have to use the MyDrive Connect software for my devices, I empty the "cache" folder at the end, "Log out" and "Quit" MDC.
    It's the most efficient for me and my devices.

Regards.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,214 Superuser
    Hi @Ovalball03

If you are referring to you Wifi device then one little option you could try is if you have a Mifi and you link that to the unit whilst travelling it has got me traffic data when the Sim system was actually down for a few hours.

Doug
  • Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 293 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Thank you Doug and Laure all seems ok.....for now😁That’s one of the joys of these tomtom devices,always another little problem just around the corner!