Does MyDrive connect leave unwanted cache files? — TomTom Community

Does MyDrive connect leave unwanted cache files?

AlanR47AlanR47 Posts: 24 [Master Traveler]
Running MyDrive connect on W7 and recently downloaded Europe map for my Start 52 and now see I am running short of space on my C: drive.

I find under me/appdata/local/tomtom three folders

HOME contains 1.39MB
HOME3 contains 6.59GB
MyDrive Connect that contains 23.1MB

The folders HOME and MyDriveConnect are not so large but HOME3 is a serious issue

Is it safe to delete all/any or just HOME3 folder

The bulk of the data is under cache folders suggesting they are disposable. These seem to have appeared around the time of the EU map update and are suspiciously of a similar size of the EU update.

If they can go - they will - but I guess they will appear again whenever another EU map update is run. Another good reason why I am keen to get rid of the EU map and replace it with UK&ROI (see my other thread - sorry I don't know how to put link in here)

Best Answers

• AlanR47AlanR47 Posts: 24 [Master Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi YamFazMan

You been busy - thanks for your answers - clearing the cache works a treat - does the fact that I "saved" the setting mean that leftovers will not be left in future? I also took the opportunity to move the download folder to another volume so it wont fill up C: any more, and its more visible where I can see it.

Posting a link to another thread works except that I have to click "Copy shortcut" but it achieves the same thing. Its probably browser specific I use MS IE11.

Your help much appreciated - Thank you.
    Accepted Answer
    YamFazMan - thank you - extra card installed - UK map installed.

Well happy - now where was I going ??? =)

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,821 Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @AlanR47

8.9GB for the Full Europe Map... Each download soon mounts up

Post a Link....
    Right Click on the Posting Time
    Left Click 'Copy Link Location'
    Paste into post

7sqmynejwrn0.jpg
    Your Post above.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112745/does-mydrive-connect-leave-unwanted-cache-files
    ATB YFM
    Accepted Answer
    Hi YamFazMan

You been busy - thanks for your answers - clearing the cache works a treat - does the fact that I "saved" the setting mean that leftovers will not be left in future? I also took the opportunity to move the download folder to another volume so it wont fill up C: any more, and its more visible where I can see it.

Posting a link to another thread works except that I have to click "Copy shortcut" but it achieves the same thing. Its probably browser specific I use MS IE11.

Your help much appreciated - Thank you.
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @AlanR47
    (Snip) clearing the cache works a treat - does the fact that I "saved" the setting mean that leftovers will not be left in future? I also took the opportunity to move the download folder to another volume so it wont fill up C: any more, and its more visible where I can see it
    Sorry 'NO' clearing the Cache is a Manual process
    AlanR47 wrote: »
    Running MyDrive connect on W7 and recently downloaded Europe map for my Start 52 and now see I am running short of space on my C: drive (Snip) HOME3 is a serious issue

Is it safe to delete all/any or just HOME3 folder

Another way... Also its a quick fix if MyDrive Connect is playing up... Saves deleting and reinstalling MDC

I've created a Shortcut on the Desktop to open the Tomtom folder that contains the 'HOME3' & 'Mydrive Connect' Folders

Delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folde
    r
    If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom\

If you delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder it removes the Cache Folders & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml files and and force a reload of the Cache Data
    A new Home3 and MyDrive Connect and their contents are created afresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect
    You will have to login again, as if you had just installed MyDrive Connect

Method…..
    (1)... Disconnect the SatNav from the PC and reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    (2)... Opening ‘Run’ on the PC (click on the windows symbol bottom left – type ‘Run’ in the search box to open ‘Run’.
    (3)... Type into the ‘run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter... A new window opens, delete the Home3 and MyDrive Connect folders
    (5)... Close all windows
    (6)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC and open ‘My Drive Connect’
    You will have to login again, as if you had just installed MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM
    Thank you - I just had another update and the download folder new home seems to have worked as expected, the one on the C: drive remains empty and the new home contains a copy of what came down. Nice and easy to manage.

So - thank you for your help - your input is most welcome.

I wonder when the moderators will pick on and help my other issue.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1643354/#Comment_1643354

If your education worked that's a link to my previous thread :)
    Hi
    @AlanR47

There's something wrong with the link in your Post ???

As your Serial Number begins XR you only have only 8gb internal memory
    Lets hope on Monday that @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account

Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112358/deleting-eu-map-and-going-for-uk-roi-map-only/p1

ATB YFM

Yes mine does not work as you say - but looking closer at the example you put as a link to my thread its clear I right-clicked the time in the latest comment rather than the time on the original post. The only thing I don't get is the final /p1 so don't know what that does :)

Thanks again.
    Hi

Ahhh the /p1 that's a tip that Vikram gave us... If you link to the first post in a thread you can sometimes get strange results, the /p1 added to the link fixes the glitch and displays post number 1

ATB YFM
    Hi Vikramk - thanks for the UK map - updated and installed in under 5 minutes, much much nicer - support from this forum has been really helpful in assisting me moving from an old TomTom One to a really good modern model.

Thank you.
    Accepted Answer
    YamFazMan - thank you - extra card installed - UK map installed.

Well happy - now where was I going ??? =)
    Hi
    @AlanR47

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM