Latest mydrive connect software says my device isn't connected??

I have 4 updates available but the software thinks that the satnav isn't connected. The satnav knows it's connected because it's asking for me to open the mydrive connect software which I've done. Any ideas?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• dean2matthewsdean2matthews Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks, l managed to get it sorted by going into device manager and manually updating the driver.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,797 Superusers
    Hi
    @dean2matthews

Try....
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
  • HoBashiHoBashi Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have exactly the same problem. I am just wondering how you physically connected to your device to your computer. I have a Smart ForFour car with the touchscreen media system. I appreciate any suggestion.
  • NS4UNS4U Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    NO NETWORK ADAPTER FOR TOMTOM start 25
  • 473473 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    start 25 not recognised on windows xp...used usb cable that came with it....and
    it worked like a dream...(although my device is still out of date,not worth buying
    map for 1 year in past).........will have to buy a new one. (the usb cable is slightly
    offset from straight( so you recognise it) Makes it easier to insert...
  • Jenny1949Jenny1949 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Well I played into Tom Tom hands. Had to buy another sat nav cannot be without one with towing a caravan. I have tried every suggestion on here but it will not connect to pc. Manage to get it open from home screen and put it back to factory default. Then stupidly updated maps then it died again !!!
    edited May 11
    Hi
    @Jenny1949

Have a look at this topic. Work your way through and you will see many have had the same problem. There appears to be a problem installing the latest Map on the GO LIVE 1005 Camper

You will see some solutions that some have said worked for them. Try them.

All the best

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1032274/go-live-1005-keeps-turning-off-freezing-rebooting/p1

ATB YFM

I am so frustrated with TomTom. My new Start 52 was working perfectly until I tried to update it and then all sorts of problems, resulting in the total deletion of all maps etc...spent ages on the phone with TomTom help people - the cable that came with my TomTom has a UBS connection that doesn't fit with my laptop, which only has micro USB ports. All the TomTom people can say is that my laptop must have a 'normal' USB port but it doesn't, and the device won't work if connected with the adaptor provided with the laptop. TomTom says that they don't do a cable with a micro USB to fit my laptop - so therefore my TomTom is useless!! Surely I can't be the only person to have come across this problem??
    edited June 18
    Hi
    @Bee53

What Make/Model is your laptop ???

What are the first 2 Characters of the Start 52 Serial Number

jwwat3muy4zx.jpg
    The Start 52 Models 'XQ' & 'XR' only have 8GB on board Memory
    The Full Europe Map size is now 9.13GB & the MapZones exceeding the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    For the new larger Maps maps you need to install a Micro SDHC memory card
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card...The latest Full Europe Map is 9.13GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)
    Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM

I think you already contacted customer service to report this.

I see a smaller map of UK and ROI activated for your device.

It should be offered for download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • Bee53Bee53 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi YamFazMan - I have a Dell XPS 13-9370. The problem is that this laptop only has micro USB ports and the TomTom cable only connects with a full-size USB. TomTom says that they do not make a cable with micro port connection. This is very frustrating, as they tell me that updates will not work through an adaptor (The Dell came with a Thunderbolt adaptor that works for everything but TomTom!). So the software does not recognize that it's connected to the internet, and I get all sorts of weird messages and instructions that resulted in the deletion of all maps on the device. I'm back to using Google maps on my phone, as the TomTom is now completely useless.
  • Bee53Bee53 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    VikramK - Yes, I did contact TomTom Support for this and I'm afraid it didn't get me anywhere as the end result is that TomTom do not make a cable that is compatible with Dell laptops and their micro USB ports...Without a TomTom cable direct connection, I cannot install or update anything on my TomTom.