Latest map for TomTom GO 1005 — TomTom Community

Latest map for TomTom GO 1005

Hello,
i own a TomTom GO 1005 and cannot update my maps anymore.
wat is the latest map of Europe for this tomtom and is there a way to update without myconnect?
Also strange thing is, the serial number of my device i starting with the letters SM and these are not listed on the support page.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Huub

Best Answer

Answers

• h_v_d_wielh_v_d_wiel Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, i purchased it with the maps for de US, Canada, Mexico and Europe and with the lifetime maps. But via Mydrive Connect i only can update the Maps for US, Canada en Mexico.
    Europe is not available for update so......
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,203 Superuser
    HI @h_v_d_wiel

I see according to your Profile you are in the Netherlands.

Until the introduction of World Maps, normally when you buy a unit in one region it usually comes with that regions map and if Lifetime updates are applicable then okay. However when you buy a Map to add to the one supplied with the unit that normally only comes with a limited period where updates apply, generally up to 18 moths.

As you are suggesting that the USA etc gets updates then was the 1005 bought in the USA region.

Doug
    Hello Doug,
    I bought it in Canada on a holiday and the map of Europe was included in the package (supplied with the unit) . (An expensive TomTom world edition with lifetime map updates)
    I did not purchase the Europe map afterwards.
    Therefore i was very surprised that the Europe map had no life time update.
    The TomTom is still in perfect condition and therefore i am searching for the latest map of Europe for my TomTom.
    It was very disappointing that not all maps supplied with the unit had life time updates.

How can i get the latest map of Europe which can be used by my TomTom?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,203 Superuser
    Hi @h_v_d_wiel

Lets get @vikrams advice on this. Lifetime updates should be still be being honoured so does it include Europe as in your case .For example do you have to have the Europe map selected for it to trigger an update.

Doug
    In MyConnect i can only update US, Canada an Mexico
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi h_v_d_wiel

I find USA/Canada and Mexico Lifetime maps active on your device.

Europe was included in the package but I don't think it came with Lifetime Maps.

Regards
    Vikram
    Yes i saw that to. But when i buy a World edition with the map of Europe included in the package and with big letters on the box lifetime maps. I may expect that this is also for the map of Europe.
    I managed so far but now i like to have the latest map of Europe that can be used on my device. This map is then also out of date but more recent then the current one on my device.