Memory Card

Carlox
Carlox Registered Users Posts: 8
Master Explorer
I have a GO 400 with lifetime Eroupe maps my sdcard got damage this is were i add my maps i changed my card and now i can format my card because i dont have maps on the device and i cant install maps because all the Europe maps are larger than the memory of the device,i've mail tomtom to resove the problem like give a lincense for a smaller map like Iberia but they didn't give me an answer in to weeks,is the a method to format the sdcard not on the device.

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,966
    Superuser
    Hi @Carlox

You need a map on the internal memory in order to be able to start the unit then you will be able to format a new card on it to take the maps.

Maybe @VikramK can allocate a small map for you so keep an eye out here to say if he responds.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,017
     Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @Carlox

The Map size exceeding the on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    For the larger Maps like the Full Europe map you need to install a Micro SDHC memory card
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card...The latest Full Europe Map is 8.9GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless a 16GB or 32GB (Max) is required

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM
  • Carlox
    Master Explorer
    Thanks for quick reply i have a 16gb new card class 10 i was told that's the best on for the device let´s hope the Forum Moderators will help me with a smaller map.
    Once again many thanks
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,070
    Hi @Carlox

Welcome to the community!

A smaller map of UK and ROI has been activated for your device.

Please connect the device to MyDrive Connect to download it.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Carlox
    Master Explorer
    Thank you very much,My problem i resolved.Many thanks
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,017
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Carlox

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)