Update problem — TomTom Community

Update problem

LizWingLizWing Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
edited May 2019 in MyDrive Connect
I have today purchased the UK and Ireland maps as mine had expired. I am trying to update my device but keep being told I have to install NavCore. Have been trying all afternoon!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,698
    Superuser
    Hi @LizWing

if there is an Operating software ie Navcore update for you that should be done first. Have you selected just it to be done and then it does not work. Once you have done the Op update then you can sort the map out.

Doug

• LizWingLizWing Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I have been trying to install the Navcore update all afternoon. I keep being told the servers are busy. Surelyy ndot for this long? Having paid for the map update today, and as I am going on a journey tomorrow, I want to get this sorted!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,698
    Superuser
    HI @LizWing

There have been a few mentioning this recently and a couple of solutions have been advised. Someone advised that they re-entered the account details and password in MDC's settings and logged in again and it worked.

Another solution was to completely delete the MDC software from the PC and then after a Restart of the PC and a re-load of the software that resolved it.

Worth a try.. All the best

Doug
  • TheJGB3TheJGB3 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited May 2019
    HI @LizWing

The Navcore software update is for the GPS week number rollover. You have to update Navcore first before installing/updating maps. As for the 'servers are busy' issue, just log out of My Drive Connect and log back on again. This fixed the issue for me.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,543 Moderator
    Hi @LizWing

There was a QuickGPSfix update which was blocking the downloads on your device. I've removed it now and you can resume the download on your device by follwing the steps here: Re-downloading a map

Also, I can see that there are updates for QuickGPSfix, Software, map and speed camera waiting to download on your device. henever there are multiple updates available to download, please download them 1 at a time, not all together.Best order to update 1 by 1: (if offered)
    • QuickGPSfix / Navcore
    • Map
    • Speed Cameras
    • Voices
    • Mapshare update (recommended to update last)
    Hope this helps!

Cheers, lampard