Rider time resets to 0:00

pyjohnsonpyjohnson Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
Rider clock time resets to 0:00 after a couple of minutes of setting a route.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,074 Superuser
    It seems there is an Issue with the GPS Week Number Roll-Over
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1108335/gps-week-number-roll-over/p1?new=1

Same problem was reported in German Forum
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/1110853/uhrzeit-falsch

Please call support
  • pyjohnsonpyjohnson Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    According to the online checker my device isn't affected, but it is.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,074 Superuser
    Yes you´re right. Thats the same whst the both german users observed.
    You can call support or wait for a comment of a TomTom Moderator
  • Lesbower1Lesbower1 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    My xxl tom tom clock resets bac to 12.00am after a short period even after its been sync in clock setting menu is there a fix for this
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Lesbower1 wrote: »
    My xxl tom tom clock resets bac to 12.00am after a short period even after its been sync in clock setting menu is there a fix for this

After a FULL WINDOWS backup you could try downloading this direct & copy/paste/overwrite http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/9.541.2-2042-CAB-navcore-LE.cab
  • JohnAHJohnAH Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Exactly the same behaviour with my XL after rollover- clock time OK at start up but resets to 00:00 after a minute or so.

Will this be fixed with an update or are these products now unsupported???
  • vertewvertew Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi, is there any more news on resolution for this? I've got the same problem with my Rider v5. I've also opened a ticket with support + will share any responses.
  • Boomerang2120Boomerang2120 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    My $400+ Rider is doing the same thing! So far nothing from TomTom but a "We'll let you know." or "You can buy an new device." Unacceptable!!!

This must be fixed NOW!!! Not like they didn't know about it from the beginning!!
  • AKMACCAKMACC Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I've just realised that my device has fallen victim to this problem. I've spent a couple of hours surfing the net to find a solution and failed. My device resets its clock to 12.00 after being switched on for a couple of minutes in route planning mode. In all other respects it is OK. I have a TOM TOM Rider, serial number begins K4. Precisely which Rider do I have and is there a fix for the clock problem? Thanks
  • tiljestiljes Posts: 186 [Revered Navigator]
    It's a Rider 2013 and there is no fix.
  • AKMACCAKMACC Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks for the help 'tiljes'. I can live with the problem (clock reset) but am I likely to encounter any other problems as a consequence of this glitch?
    Yes:
    -no arrival time
    -no automatic day/night change
    -no recording of tracks
    -no iQ routes
    -some users indicate routing problems on long routes, can't confirm or deny this
  • jdaviesjdavies Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Same here with my Rider (2013) come on Tomom sort this out!
    [quote="This must be fixed NOW!!! Not like they didn't know about it from the beginning!![/quote]

My thoughts exactly - it could hardly been a secret. If no fix is forthcoming Tomtom will not be getting my buisness ever again.
  • TuMaRis53TuMaRis53 Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Is there a time display for 00:00 fix?
  • TraindriverTraindriver Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    TT is offering a 30% discount on a new (?) system - but I want the discount on the newest system - not the units they can't get rid of because they're close to being obsolete .....
  • TuMaRis53TuMaRis53 Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Can TomTom fix the problem soon, or should I buy Garmin?
    Had a look at a couple of other GPS devices I have, one dating back to around 2006. All functioning correctly. All manufàctured by Garmin ! I smell a rat, TomTom! Why is this taking so long?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,796 Superuser
    edited May 7
    HI @jdavies

Someone recently suggested here that a Garmin had a problem with the Zumo 660. Can't say how true that is.

Doug
    It's very true for the Zumo 660. But it continues to work correctly - until you take out the battery. Then it will reset its time to 19.7 years ago.
  • RavnholtRavnholt Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    My Rider 2013 shows time as 00:00 after at few minutes too, time in the device is not resat, so if i turn it OFF/on Then time is correct for a few minutes again, but then 00:00 is displayed again 😒
  • Pedro EstimaPedro Estima Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I've a XL IQ Routes and suddenly it reseting clok to 0:00
    Let me ask, you can change services to get better but you CAN'T change services to block old devices or else you must give support to ALL unsuported products affected by YOUR changes.
    It's not correct, it's not loyal, it's not fair. IT'S A TRAP! IT'S A SCAM!
    January, I bought a TOMTOM new device and I have 6 months to send it back and get my money. So, if you don't fix this bug I'll send it back with the reason: "If you SCAM me one time nothing assure me that you can't do it the same in a couple of years and my new device stops working too!"
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,796 Superuser
    Hi @Pedro Estima

Have you updated your XL unit recently so that it has the WNRO software on it which should sort the timing issue out. The software is needed because the Chips in the unit, not made by Tomtom, need an update to enable them to sort the clock out. It happens every 19 years. It also affects other makes as well.

The new device you have bought is not affected by this problem.

Doug
    But it could be affected sometime around the next WNRO? Or even sometime before...depends on the GPS chip. And TomTom obviously doesn't carry out tests for boundary conditions.
    I made a preliminary fix. It's not perfect yet, as it doesn't work automatically after standby, needs to be started manually. I'll try to host it somewhere, until then if in urgent need contact me with email address by private message and I'll help you out.

Cheers, T