New TomTom GO Navigation App (iOS) - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New TomTom GO Navigation App (iOS)

Comments

• nlmarvinnlmarvin Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    @Jürgen
    I did.
    But because you said "Routes are not supported at this point of time" I said "I was hoping that lampard could confirm that this is or will be in the new version". You have indeed confirmed that it is not supported at this time, so actually only half of my question was relevant.

I hope that this will be supported in the near future.

how does myplaces actually work? Can you add hotels as places so you can navigate to them?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,149 Superuser
    edited May 3
    HI @nlmarvin

Yes you can select any position on the map and save it in My Places with its own name as you wish. So a hotel, B & B or a particular shop can be saved for future use.

You can search as usual and then save it or if you select a spot on the map when you see it displayed on the map you will see a menu with 3 vertical dtst. Tap the 3 dots and select Add to My Places.

Doug
  • fredaroony2fredaroony2 Posts: 111 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    nlmarvin wrote: »
    Will this update finally include mydrive compatibility for iOS?
    The app picked up my places that I have stored in MyDrive. Routes are not supported at this point of time.

Unreal....after all this time it's still not available for iOS. What a joke
  • lneamlneam Posts: 56 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi lampard,

the app Go has the ability for free use of 75 Km per month, for every month the user likes. So, we can check / use this navigation solution for once route, per month. And if we need more, we can buy 1 month subscription.
    Will the user could do the same use, with the new app from tomtom ?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,185 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @lneam

There won't be any free miles/km's included on TomTom Navigation app.

For existing users of GO Mobile, the remaining subscription will be transferred to the Navigation app after migration with 1 month bonus.

For the new users, we'll be offering a trial period of 7 days when opted for 1/3 month subscription & 1 month trial period for 6 months subscription.

Cheers, lampard
  • ThatbeetleThatbeetle Posts: 23 [Master Explorer]
    And now a week down the line and still no update. What is the TomTom definition of the near future
  • ian1509ian1509 Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @lneam

For existing users of GO Mobile, the remaining subscription will be transferred to the Navigation app after migration with 1 month bonus.

For the new users, we'll be offering a trial period of 7 days when opted for 1/3 month subscription & 1 month trial period for 6 months subscription.

Cheers, lampard

Will the known Bluetooth sound issue have been resolved as not sure how to test if your removing the free option, or will you continue to ignore!
    ian1509 wrote: »
    Hi @lneam

Cheers, lampard

Will the known Bluetooth sound issue have been resolved as not sure how to test if your removing the free option, or will you continue to ignore!

Apparently not if earlier posts are to go by.
  • RCoenenRCoenen Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I'm very happy with this news. I can't wait for a new version.
  • PalfermanPalferman Posts: 102 [Revered Navigator]
    I’m sorry but you are leaving your customers in absolute contempt. Early 2019, Spring 2019 then soon. Ive been a long term customer for many years with a Start,TT and Go5000. My circumstances have changed in the last year but I want the up to date traffic info which on my Go5000 was simply the best. I’ll gladly pay the subscription now but please get it on CarPlay asap
    Palferman wrote: »
    I’m sorry but you are leaving your customers in absolute contempt. Early 2019, Spring 2019 then soon. Ive been a long term customer for many years with a Start,TT and Go5000. My circumstances have changed in the last year but I want the up to date traffic info which on my Go5000 was simply the best. I’ll gladly pay the subscription now but please get it on CarPlay asap

Absolutely agree. I got an email a week and a half ago now and still no update. There's nothing worse than announcing something and then not delivering.
    Now 2 weeks and still no update.......
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 324 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited May 14
    Hi lampard
    TomTom GO Mobile App (iOS) will become TomTom Navigation App.
    Would you please confirm whether the above statement means that TomTom GO Mobile App (iOS) will be replaced by a totally new app that is called TomTom Navigation App or if TomTom GO Mobile App (iOS) is just being renamed to TomTom Navigation App?

The TomTom GO Mobile App (iOS) is now well over 3 years old and for an app that is a lifetime. Unfortunately, throughout those 3 years, users have been constantly asking for improvements to it, together with the reinstatement of features from the previous SatNav app, i.e. the legacy TomTom navigation app. Very few improvements have actually been made to TomTom GO Mobile App (iOS).

If the TomTom GO Mobile App (iOS) is to be replaced then by a better more feature-packed app which will be continually improved then that's OK.

If the TomTom Navigation App is just a renamed version of the old TomTom GO Mobile App (iOS) then that's just going to upset the users/paying customers.

Regards,
  • leahkleahk Posts: 13 [Master Traveler]
    Good grief. I came here thinking they must have a release date by now. They must be losing money as people like me let their GO subscription expire

But no, seems to be a vague as ever about when we will get support. I think we can say that the early 2019 date has been missed as we move into June.
  • BydandieBydandie Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I like TomTom Go, yet am puzzled with them letting people move to the competition by not releasing the CarPlay version before the 3yr options lapsed.
  • daletowedaletowe Posts: 43 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited May 17
    Bydandie wrote: »
    I like TomTom Go, yet am puzzled with them letting people move to the competition by not releasing the CarPlay version before the 3yr options lapsed.

I've given up on TomTom. Bought a car with Apple Carplay about 6 months ago and immediately looked for Carplay enabled TomTom App. Could find Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps, Sygic, but nothing from TomTom. Since then one missed deadline after another. Amazing - can only assume TomTom have neither the skills nor resources to implement something others have done years ago.

In the meantime, have been using Waze. Its routing and traffic is only about 85% as good as TomTom, but in every other way Waze is drastically superior to TomTom. Especially in terms of actually being able to search for and find your destination - a key navigation features where TomTom borders on being completely useless.

Waze has soooooo much more functionality that TomTom doesn't. Its just a MUCH better user experience. I can live with the slightly worse traffic/routing - Waze offers 98% of what TomTom can, and is vastly better in so many other ways. And its FREE. After 6 months of using Waze while waiting for TomTom, I'm convinced overall Waze is better and will not be bothering with TomTom. I especially won't miss by buggy GO6200 device, with its TERRIBLE response time, constant random rebooting, difficult to find destinations, useless battery life, failure to link to live traffic, randomly logging me out of connected services and generally really poor performance for an expensive so-called premium device.

By-by TomTom, its was good (sort-of) while it lasted, but you're obviously not resourced to compete in the consumer navigation field anymore. As Waze gets better (they actually regularly update their App) the business case for TomTom's App just falls away completely.
  • BydandieBydandie Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    daletowe wrote: »
    Bydandie wrote: »

I've given up on TomTom. Bought a car with Apple Carplay about 6 months ago and immediately looked for Carplay enabled TomTom App. Could find Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps, Sygic, but nothing from TomTom. Since then one missed deadline after another. Amazing - can only assume TomTom have neither the skills nor resources to implement something others have done years ago.

In the meantime, have been using Waze. Its routing and traffic is only about 85% as good as TomTom, but in every other way Waze is drastically superior to TomTom. Especially in terms of actually being able to search for and find your destination - a key navigation features where TomTom borders on being completely useless.

Waze has soooooo much more functionality that TomTom doesn't. Its just a MUCH better user experience. I can live with the slightly worse traffic/routing - Waze offers 98% of what TomTom can, and is vastly better in so many other ways. And its FREE. After 6 months of using Waze while waiting for TomTom, I'm convinced overall Waze is better and will not be bothering with TomTom. I especially won't miss by buggy GO6200 device, with its TERRIBLE response time, constant random rebooting, difficult to find destinations, useless battery life, failure to link to live traffic, randomly logging me out of connected services and generally really poor performance for an expensive so-called premium device.

By-by TomTom, its was good (sort-of) while it lasted, but you're obviously not resourced to compete in the consumer navigation field anymore. As Waze gets better (they actually regularly update their App) the business case for TomTom's App just falls away completely.

Agreed, it'll be interesting to see if TomTom's alliance with Apple has resulted in them getting Siri integration?
  • metbrilmetbril Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    And its FREE

You are aware that if the tool is free, then YOU are the product? You pay for the use with your data e.g. your privacy?

And that you always need to be online with Waze where other navigation apps allow offline usage?

• daletowedaletowe Posts: 43 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited May 17
    metbril wrote: »
    And its FREE

You are aware that if the tool is free, then YOU are the product? You pay for the use with your data e.g. your privacy?

And that you always need to be online with Waze where other navigation apps allow offline usage?

I am aware of the data privacy issue. Its a calculated risk - the same one literally billions of people make each day when they use any Android mobile phone, Apple (to a lesser degree), Facebook, Instagram, etc. Swopping some privacy for convenience is just how the world now works.

If I find myself without connectivity, I use the excellent free version of Sygic - again, a significantly better product than TomTom.

I am not all of a sudden anti-TomTom. Its been a slow process. I used to love their products and was a huge brand ambassador. Many friends bought TomTom products purely because I used to rave about them so much. But over time their products have not kept up, in fact they've deteriorated, and their customer service has declined from average to "we don't give a f". I'm sorry to say good bye to TomTom - they *were* great. Now they ****, and the problem for them is that there are many excellent alternatives.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,149 Superuser
    Hi @Bydandie

Re your comment

"Agreed, it'll be interesting to see if TomTom's alliance with Apple has resulted in them getting Siri integration?"

The latest Premium stand alone satnavs work with Siri and Google Now

Doug
    1st May; that's when i got an email to say that "a new Go mobile awaits you".

What has happened since then? Nothing.

Pathetic. I've checked the app on a regular basis and the update store and while all the other apps on there get regular updates there's zero from Tomtom.
    My subscription expires on the 27th and after years of subscribing to what i thought was the most up-to-date and best nav service i won't be until this is resolved.

How can they be so moronic as to put out posts and emails about an impending update when it just doesn't happen? That's just massively bad marketing and leaves a sour taste.
  • Tamas74Tamas74 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Lampard,

I was a happy Tomtom Go Mobil user in Hungary for years. When I bought my new car with Carplay I started to use Waze. It is the best at the moment for Carplay. After I read your comment I installled your app again and purchased a 1 Year subscription waiting for the Carplay update. I just loved your app and can't wait to use it again. Is there any dates allready??? Hurry up!!
  • PalfermanPalferman Posts: 102 [Revered Navigator]
    It’s been 3 weeks now when is this update coming
  • jtdissingjtdissing Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited May 23
    I'm with Palferman when do TomTom go for Ios come for Carplay. If nothing happens i'm going to drop TomTom
  • nlmarvinnlmarvin Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    Why is everyone so fixated on Carplay?
    Granted my car does not have carplay functionality, but wouldn't it be better to first realize a properly working app with full functionality? Everyone here on the forum has been begging for years for a good integration of MyDrive, which should be basic TomTom functionality (see the Android app and the old iOs app).

First, make sure that you have an app that masters the basics, then you can expand with niche products.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online46

Bembo
Bembo
Dob72
Dob72
Gazibarev
Gazibarev
Gerela
Gerela
YamFazMan
YamFazMan