Speed Camera Update Failed Again

GaryGMGaryGM Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
Go 5200 - connected to 100Mb/sec wifi.

The Speed camera update reports that it has failed and suggests I contact customer support and try to download again.
I cannot "try again" as there is no update.
The Go 5200 then reports that my Tomtom is up to date.

This happens about 75% of the time.

I now no longer know if the speed cameras are accurately marked, which, in its way, is worse than having no speed cameras.

This apparent failure has been going on since I bought the unit about 4 months ago. An explanation or a progress report would be nice.

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,620 Superuser
    Hi @GaryGM

This is a known by Tomtom and they are looking at it. In the meantime if you get a Mapshare and a camera update at the same time I would do them separately and do a Soft reset after you have done them.

My last 2 downloads seem to go alright.

Doug
  • GaryGMGaryGM Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @GaryGM

This is a known by Tomtom and they are looking at it
    Thanks.

.OK, is there any word as to whether the cameras actually download? There is a possibility that the "Update Failed" message is, itself, an error.
    In the meantime if you get a Mapshare and a camera update at the same time I would do them separately
    I do this. The update in question was a single speed camera update.
    and do a Soft reset after you have done them
    Soft reset?
    My last 2 downloads seem to go all right.
    My last one went well and included a map update - I did them separately: the one before (IIRC) was also map+cameras and failed.

Hi @GaryGM

On another Topic on the forum @lampard from Tomtom has confirmed to someone that according to the information at their end shows the unit is up today despite the fact the unit said Update failed. So you could well be ok.

A soft reset is With the unit on Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the Drumroll sound. It now boots up again.

Doug
  • raesewellraesewell Posts: 113 [Revered Navigator]
    I have had two failed updates this week, did the drumroll reset and the unit tells me it's up to date, which surprises me after two failed updates.
  • raesewellraesewell Posts: 113 [Revered Navigator]
    That is good to know, but why are we getting "Update Failed" notices if it has not failed?
    Hi @raesewell

I guess that's what Tomtom are trying to work out!!!
  • GaryGMGaryGM Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Many thanks to all, especially Doug and Lampard, who I'll be calling as witnesses at any court appearances. ;)
  • i.mcgurki.mcgurk Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Again this morning one of my satnavs has reported a failed camera download (so haven't tried to update my other 2) at least with the trucker 6000 I can see what cameras haven't downloaded and can try to reload the failed cameras. With my 6200 and 6250 if camera download fails there is NO option to reload the failed cameras so I've no idea if my country is up to date or not. The option to check should be available