Start 25, No GPS Signal? — TomTom Community

Start 25, No GPS Signal?

Hi Everyone,

Ive pulled my tom tom start 25 out of my garage after over a year of not using it. Last time I went to update it, it messed up and wouldn't update or start etc, anyway to my surprise today I plugged it in and bang it updated! Wahey! Updated everything, but now I cannot get any GPS Signal? tried restarting it, the sat nav is up to date software wise, tried a factory reset, nothing? Any help?

Cheers
Ben

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,195 Superuser
    Hi @Benji96

Try this.

Fully charge the unit then take it outside well away from buildings and trees.

Now do a Soft reset, ie with the unit on and working hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the Drumroll sound.

Now create a route and then leave it to try and Lock On to the Sats. This can take as much as 30 minutes for the first time. If needed provide a power source but do not restrict the clear view of the sky .

All the best.

Doug
  • 16Hans16Hans Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    @Benji96
    I had the same problem (no GPS) on my Start 20 and the advice from @DougLap worked for me. After soft reset he finds the GPS now.
    Only thing: I have to "soft-reset" him now everytime to get the signal otherwise he does not connect. And he is not synchronizing time anymore with the sattelites.
    I wonder if this solution workes fine for you and whether you also need to keep soft resetting.

@DougLap : do you have any idea how to fix this last issue?
    Hi @16Hans

Can you check if you have any updates available for you unit.

Looks like you are missing a software update.

Doug
    Hi @DougLap

I checked and indeed i do miss some updates. So that would probably solve my problem.
    This weekend i tried a hundred times to update but keep getting the message that the TOMTOM servers are very busy at the moment. Please try again.

I have a good internet connection but cannot get the update this way.

What can i do about that?
    Hi @16Hans

Someone mentioned on here the other day that they were having problems getting passed a Servers busy situation and they resolved this by completely deleting the MyDrive Connect software from their PC turning it Off and On then reloading it.

Doug
    @DougLap

Ok i will try that tonight.
    Delete the whole application.
    PC on/off.
    Download and install new MyDrive Connect and try again.
    I'll let you know.

thanks again

Hans

@YamFazMan

Thanks for the instruction! I will try that tonight.

Hans
    @YamFazMan @DougLap

I followed the exact instructions of YFM and it worked!
    Updating worked immediately and my Start20 is functioning normal again.

Thanks guys!!

Hans
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,100 Superusers
    Hi
    @16Hans

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
    HI @16Hans

Good to hear you up and running.

Doug
  • EphyEphy Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem as above. It's a UK/Europe Start 25 model, when the problem occurred while I was in the UK in July. I am now in the Middle East and obviously get a signal unusable, but will the above solution work for me here? I need it when I'm back in Europe next month, or must I wait until I get there?

Ephy